Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli adjustable track bar kit “Steering Stabilizer relocation Bracket”

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Still waiting on my truck but parts are coming in for aftermarket items. The Carli leveling kit came in and I ordered the adjustable track bar. I currently have this kit with the track bar on my ‘17 2500 and it appears the kit has changed due to interferences. The new addition is a steering stabilizer relocation bracket.

My question is focusing on the strength and reliability of this bracket vs the OEM that is to be removed. I think it will be fine but the Carli bracket doesn’t appear to be a strong as OEM. Thoughts?

a9b294d016e7e64fdcfd149571b3686f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
You’re right about it looking weaker

But, you can compress a steering stabilizer by hand. They don’t require much force to move. Many aftermarket kits for Toyotas and stuff just clamp the steering stabilizer to the drag link with small u bolts.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
To ease your mind further

a steering stabilizer does very little anyway. Your steering would work exactly the same if it fell off. You probably wouldn’t notice. All a steering stabilizer does (steering dampener, really) is butter up the feel a tiny bit by smoothing out movement a little.

you could remove it with no ill effects, but there really isn’t a reason to remove it so people leave them on

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
He's talking about the track bar not stabilizer.

But in reference to the track bar - Carli even mentions it in their product description:

"The DATB Track Bars are 3/8″ wall DOM construction, FAR stronger than the brackets to which they’re bolted."

I know it doesn't address the original concern, but it definitely makes me happy I chose the Rough Country adjustable track bar instead.
I believe he was asking about the steering stabilizer relocation bracket (pictured) using only 2 out of 4 bolts now

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I believe he was asking about the steering stabilizer relocation bracket (pictured)

if he was asking about the trackbar, disregard everything I said
Looks like both were mentioned and pictured. But yeah, if stabilizer, bracket is the least of the concern.

If it is a bracket for the track bar, I'd be concerned.

Test_Eng

Reaction score
Looks like both were mentioned and pictured. But yeah, if stabilizer, bracket is the least of the concern.

If it is a bracket for the track bar, I'd be concerned.

Exactly! When I first opened the box and saw the bracket I was like “Oh no this is not good for a track bar”. But when I realized it was for the stabilizer I felt better but curious how it would hold up. Sounds like I should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread