Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli 3” or BDS 3” for towing

Hockeydad55

Reaction score
Ok guys let me hear your opinions or 1st hand knowledge on which kit would be better when towing 5th wheel or travel trailer. I know Carli is better for every day driving but have heard springs might be to soft when towing and I want to install at least a 3” suspension lift on my 3500 H.O. & Aisin trans thanks for the help.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I did the carli 3" fronts with pure performance 2.5" rears. I don't tow 5th wheels but do tow bumper pulls all the time. I added airlift 5k bags in the rear and never had any issues towing.

the 3" / 2.5" spring combo keeps most of the factory rake, which is why I went that route.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
If you plan on replacing the rear springs plan on installing airbags at the same time if you are going to tow. It's just kind of the rules.

Iowa Wagon

Reaction score
Call CJC Offroad, tell them what you’re wanting, what your concerns are, etc. They’ll set you up with a system that won’t compromise your payload/towing.

Edited to add that they are a Carli dealer/installer.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Call CJC Offroad, tell them what you’re wanting, what your concerns are, etc. They’ll set you up with a system that won’t compromise your payload/towing.

Edited to add that they are a Carli dealer/installer.
They are a carli and thuren installer but one look at their videos and you can see which one they favor.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
You have any pics of your truck I was thinking the Thuren 2.5 and Carli 1” blocks

Hockeydad55

Reaction score
Question do you have the rear shocks upside down on purpose?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Yep, upside down on the 2500s too. I know both Carli and CJC make rock guards for them but I have thought about making my own.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Yep, upside down on the 2500s too. I know both Carli and CJC make rock guards for them but I have thought about making my own.
On the 2500's you don't have a choice because of the mounting. For the 3500's you do, but because of the hose it couldn't be mounted "right side up".

Users who are viewing this thread