Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli 2.5” for hemi

BadKarma

Reaction score
First off I apologize if the was already asked, I briefly looked in the past, but didn’t find any exact answers.

Browsing CJC I know there is Thuren however, from what I have read and seen with constant load in the bed. Thuren may not be the way to go.
Instead of wasting money twice for labor or wasting my time if I do it. I am looking at finally upgrading to 37”s and doing a 2.5” level/lift but want some rake empty but on average I have the tool box + gear is anywhere between 4-500 pounds. So, to finally get to the point. Is the Carli 2.5” lift for diesel only because of weight tolerance or is the gas suspension really different.

Enve46

Reaction score
First off I apologize if the was already asked, I briefly looked in the past, but didn’t find any exact answers.

Browsing CJC I know there is Thuren however, from what I have read and seen with constant load in the bed. Thuren may not be the way to go.
Instead of wasting money twice for labor or wasting my time if I do it. I am looking at finally upgrading to 37”s and doing a 2.5” level/lift but want some rake empty but on average I have the tool box + gear is anywhere between 4-500 pounds. So, to finally get to the point. Is the Carli 2.5” lift for diesel only because of weight tolerance or is the gas suspension really different.
The suspension is identical but spring rates are different to handle the additional weight of the diesel. I wouldn’t run the diesel lift on a Hemi, it’ll lift probably .75-1” more than advertised, shock length would be wrong and probably ride pretty stiff.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Ahhhh, copy. Trying to avoid sagging in the rear at all cost. Especially once more weight is put in. What really made me not wanting full Thuren set up was this video.

I know he’s CTD but, I have been eyeballing a diamond back. Plus the tools I’m worried heavy off-roading will cause sag.

Users who are viewing this thread