Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capless fuel fill

McGuyver

Reaction score
I posted about these fuel fill on my new 2022 3500 (ive had it 3 weeks) concerned about dirt etc. I live iin central Ohio. Went to fuel today , opened the fuel door & there was snow everywhere & the capless fuel fill had alot on it. My cap from Genos is on backorder. I will order a cheapo plastic cover from amazon tonight. I knew that doir gasket wouldnt be adequate.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I added and extra cap to mine day one as well. I understand the desire to go the capless route as increased pressure on the tank makes the seal stronger, but I don’t trust that little gasket for dirt, water or snow either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGuyver

Reaction score
I posted about these fuel fill on my new 2022 3500 (ive had it 3 weeks) concerned about dirt etc. I live iin central Ohio. Went to fuel today , opened the fuel door & there was snow everywhere & the capless fuel fill had alot on it. My cap from Genos is on backorder. I will order a cheapo plastic cover from amazon tonight. I knew that doir gasket wouldnt be adequate.

Attachments

• 16FF8DA6-F4BA-4FE5-8129-AAE96F28FB6D.jpeg
    16FF8DA6-F4BA-4FE5-8129-AAE96F28FB6D.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 104

mountainears

Reaction score
I don’t quite understand how all of that is getting in there. I’ve never seen anything in mine and have been in snow and dirt.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
:mad: Bean counters. First thing I did was order the fuel cap, but in 2019 MY, they changed the neck a little which delayed things 30 days. After the cap install I had to cross some flooded parts of the highway that kicked up a lot of mud, the cap worked well. I think its time to replace it, now that its going on its 4th year.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t quite understand how all of that is getting in there. I’ve never seen anything in mine and have been in snow and dirt.

Same, I gave a lot of miles in nasty snow/mud/dust and have never seen buildup like that.

I wonder if the inner liner isn’t installed properly. Or does it not seat as well on a DRW fender?

CdnHO

Reaction score
I put a set of Geno's locking caps on mine day one. Keeps dirt and a$$holes out.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Looks about right. Designed for paved roads in southern climates.:mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused:
I follow a You Tube channel for a mechanic in upstate New York and another channel based in Florida. It is a shocking the diffence in the undercarriages of vehicles only a few years old. I know, off topic!!!

mountainears

Reaction score
Same, I gave a lot of miles in nasty snow/mud/dust and have never seen buildup like that.

I wonder if the inner liner isn’t installed properly. Or does it not seat as well on a DRW fender?

In one of the pics it looked like a SRW.

For the folks having this issue, is there only a partial inner fender liner? I seem to recall some trim levels don’t have a full inner fender?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
In one of the pics it looked like a SRW.

For the folks having this issue, is there only a partial inner fender liner? I seem to recall some trim levels don’t have a full inner fender?

It appears that @McGuyver's truck is a DRW. I don't see any other photos in this thread.

mountainears

Reaction score
I just relooked at the photo on my computer so my eyes could see it better :) Stand corrected.....does look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread