Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't save Home and Work locations

Don-T

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie 3500 with the 12" display. On the navigation app, when I pick the button for either the home or work location I should get a popup that asks if I want to save the current location as home/work. Instead of getting that, I get a screen to enter a search address as if I picked the address button directly above the home and work buttons. I don't seem to have a way to save either home or work locations. Is anyone else having this issue and have you found another way to save home and/or work?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Honestly? Use AA or CarPlay...

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I don’t think that will fix it.

You asked if anyone else found a way to resolve the issue...
I tried to use the onboard NAV once... it was a terrible user experience.
The answer is to use AA or CarPlay...

Unless you actually *want* to use the baked in NAV... in which case, I'm sorry.

Don-T

Reaction score
You asked if anyone else found a way to resolve the issue...
I tried to use the onboard NAV once... it was a terrible user experience.
The answer is to use AA or CarPlay...

Unless you actually *want* to use the baked in NAV... in which case, I'm sorry.
No worries. I don’t “want” to use the factory Nav but I don’t have reliable cell service for CarPlay. I don’ t want to mess with an aftermarket GPS as I don’t like the clutter and having to put it up every we stop. I figured out how to save my home location. It doesn’t work the way the manual says, but it will work.

billwomacks

Reaction score
How did you save your home locn?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Ssteven365

Reaction score
No worries. I don’t “want” to use the factory Nav but I don’t have reliable cell service for CarPlay. I don’ t want to mess with an aftermarket GPS as I don’t like the clutter and having to put it up every we stop. I figured out how to save my home location. It doesn’t work the way the manual says, but it will work.
My cell service is spotty to. I use Google maps in CarPlay and download offline maps for all the areas I travel to. Works just like normal for directions.

Don-T

Reaction score
My cell service is spotty to. I use Google maps in CarPlay and download offline maps for all the areas I travel to. Works just like normal for directions.
I do that as well, when I have a cell signal. When I need to start a trip from a location that doesn’t have cell service I can’t use Car Play. I have to use the factory nav. How do you download maps for offline use in Car Play? I did not know that could be done. I do download maps for off-road use but that is on a tablet, not for Car Play.

Ssteven365

Reaction score
I do that as well, when I have a cell signal. When I need to start a trip from a location that doesn’t have cell service I can’t use Car Play. I have to use the factory nav. How do you download maps for offline use in Car Play? I did not know that could be done. I do download maps for off-road use but that is on a tablet, not for Car Play.

just follow these directions and download offline maps for wherever you want . I’ve got maps downloaded for most of NC and routes going to KY and FL.

I use google maps through CarPlay and never concern myself if I have service or not and know I’ll always have a map.

Users who are viewing this thread