Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade the 8.4 to the 12" uconnect?

bowserb

Reaction score
I have the three knob hvac controls, and know there would be probably some hvac upgrades needed? Is this even possible? Just curious. I am happy with the 12" I know it would impact some items I don't have like, seats, hvac, etc..... I have a tradesman 2 equipment group which upgrades the 5.0 to 8.4....Just curious. 2020 Ram 2500 Crew Cab LWB 4x4 6.4

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
I believe you can. Apparently @Jimmy07 is familiar with the upgrade and has helped others do it. It does need to be flashed by a dealer for it to work in your truck. And I don’t believe you would gain dual climate controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
You can add all the hardware(one sensor I believe) to gain the automatic HVAC. Though I'm going to guess the dual zone would require changing the blower box etc. which would be a huge job.
You would have to get alfaobd and a bypass harness or have a good dealer who is willing to enable everything for you.

Just so you know, the swap is largely the same as a 5th gen 1500. The main difference is that the bypass harness plugs into a different place. www.infotainment.com also sells a complete kit, albeit expensive and it can be done cheaper if you piece it together.

Users who are viewing this thread