Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can someone please explain this penfed discount and also the 1% affiliate program to me, i would really appreciate the help, thanks

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Hello i just recently ordered a new 2022 ram 3500 6.7 and i see a few people talking about a "penfed" discount and also a 1% affiliate program discount. If someone could explain these i would really appreciate it.

mcarey

Reaction score
Hello i just recently ordered a new 2022 ram 3500 6.7 and i see a few people talking about a "penfed" discount and also a 1% affiliate program discount. If someone could explain these i would really appreciate it.
Being a member of PenFed CU, for 60 days or longer, gets you a $1000 "coupon" for purchases of RAM trucks. That's really about it.

1% affiliate program members pay the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price: 1% below dealer invoice.

A very basic Google search, or a search of these forums, can really get you all the info you may need on these two topics if you're still confused.

Riddick

Reaction score
Penfed = Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Join now and in 60 days you can request a discount code which is good for $1K off RAM trucks. Open up a checking or savings account with 5 bucks in it and wait for 60 days to roll around.

Affiliate pricing is businesses and clubs who have teamed with Dodge to offer pricing at 1% below invoice. As stated many companies offer this program to their employees and I also learned of an organization called "Tread Lightly". You pay $100.00 to join and then I think after 30 days you are eligible to receive a discount code. Check with your dealer to see if they participate in this program before signing up.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
Penfed = Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Join now and in 60 days you can request a discount code which is good for $1K off RAM trucks. Open up a checking or savings account with 5 bucks in it and wait for 60 days to roll around.

Affiliate pricing is businesses and clubs who have teamed with Dodge to offer pricing at 1% below invoice. As stated many companies offer this program to their employees and I also learned of an organization called "Tread Lightly". You pay $100.00 to join and then I think after 30 days you are eligible to receive a discount code. Check with your dealer to see if they participate in this program before signing up.
Thank you for your clarification, i saw people talking about tread lightly and new it was a club but all i could find online was affiliated businesses and wasn't really sure how a club tied into that

mcarey

Reaction score
Around bar area you lucky to get less then window sticker
That's definitely common. My local dealership had a very similar truck to what I was going to order on the lot when I was ordering. They quite literally laughed when I told them the offer I had in hand, and that I was willing to pay that for their truck today. Even if they came up off my in-hand offer by a grand or two, I'd probably have taken it.

However, I ended up traveling from UT to WA to get my truck. Saved me ~10 grand off sticker. Totally worth a long day of flying and driving (which only cost me a few hundred in gas, food, and airfare - and one day of time off). Even if I had shipped it to me it would have been largely worth it, but I kinda wanted to make the drive since I'd never done it.

Lousiana was next on my list of travels if the WA dealership didn't work out. Thankfully they did, because that would have been twice the distance of driving - so I'd probably have had to go the shipping route.

Reaction score

Yeah, I've done both of those discounts, can't wait to see if they work! thanks for your guidance

Deki

Reaction score

Did the same. Thanks man.

gunmetalgolfer

Reaction score
Reviving an older thread hoping someone who has used the PenFed coupon can clarify the process. I ordered a truck as well and am also a member of PenFed. When your truck comes in do you just download a coupon and bring it with you (or send electronically) or would I have had to do something ahead of time (before ordering) in order to use the coupon.

Thanks

Ickabod

Reaction score
Reviving an older thread hoping someone who has used the PenFed coupon can clarify the process. I ordered a truck as well and am also a member of PenFed. When your truck comes in do you just download a coupon and bring it with you (or send electronically) or would I have had to do something ahead of time (before ordering) in order to use the coupon.

Thanks
You bring in the coupon when you pick up your truck (or email it to dealer). The coupon has an expiration date, so be sure to request it closer to your truck arrival.

gunmetalgolfer

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, of course with my timing its down to $500 but I'll take it. Better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread