Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I install Cargo Bed Light Kit to AUX Upfitter Switches

SpeedsterZ28

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman and bought a Cargo Bed Light kit to install in the factory cutouts within the truck bed. My truck does have the six auxillary switches installed on my console, and I was curious if I could hook the cargo bed lights up to one of these switches so they can turn them on and off as I depress the switch. Has anyone done anything like this before?

mountainears

Reaction score
Agreed. Anything that needs power you can hook to it if you’re up for running the wires for where they need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bewen

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman and bought a Cargo Bed Light kit to install in the factory cutouts within the truck bed. My truck does have the six auxillary switches installed on my console, and I was curious if I could hook the cargo bed lights up to one of these switches so they can turn them on and off as I depress the switch. Has anyone done anything like this before?
Where did you get your kit from? Is the camera separate on your screen or does it split the screen?

Ramtop

Reaction score
Do you need a special plug to hook into the wiring to use the auxiliary switches?

bewen

Reaction score
Yes, I want to have a switch on the dash or console that switches from the cargo to the tailgate camera. I would prefer to get the light with the camera on it or I can mount a camera to my head ack rack.

bewen

Reaction score
Nevermind, I am going to go with magnet mount cameras that link to my phone wirelessly. Thanks!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you need a special plug to hook into the wiring to use the auxiliary switches?
Your truck should have come with a bag of wires. Suggest you look at one the the wiring stickies. On my phone or I would include a link.

Ramtop

Reaction score
Your truck should have come with a bag of wires. Suggest you look at one the the wiring stickies. On my phone or I would include a link.
Bought the truck used, didn’t get any. I have been trying to figure out what I need to get.

Users who are viewing this thread