Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera wire trailer to bumper.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I have the camera from Ram on the back of my 5th wheel. Any suggestions on how to run the wire from front of the trailer to the bumper? Need slack but also want to take up the slack. Tried this spring but as you can see it’s still a mess.

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpeg
    IMG_4924.jpeg
    876.7 KB · Views: 22

Grey65

Reaction score
I ran mine up and into the pin box on my 5th wheel and moved the plug from the back bumper to next to the 7 pin outlet inside the bed.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Got to see if I have the length for this. How long is your trailer?

Grey65

Reaction score
Got to see if I have the length for this. How long is your trailer?
My 5th wheel is small, 30 feet… but I just got a 35 foot Brinkley and I am going to run it on the roof of it and bring it down the same tube my solar wires are run in and it will be long enough.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Mine is 33 feet and I go under. If I go along the top I don’t know how I would run it down in the front. Although I was thinking of lowering the camera and moving it to the passenger side some. This will give me some more length.

My goal with it is to see cars that are clear of the end of the camper on passenger side to safety change lanes. The way it is now on top in middle is somewhat useless.

Users who are viewing this thread