Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera System Unavailable

Omarf4

Reaction score
Did a search and could not find an exact match.
2019 Ram 2500 CTD

I replaced both batteries this morning since my passenger side battery had a leaking negative terminal post (which was draining both batteries somehow). After installing the two new batteries and connecting everything together, all was working correctly except when going into reverse, I get the blue screen with “camera system unavailable”. See pic.

Any ideas? I checked all fuses, all tailgate connections and everything is fine. Going to leave it overnight to see if that resets it as I read on other forums that it takes a while for everything to come back after negative post disconnect.

C84AD0E3-353B-41FB-8DC7-0B6BB9707D21.jpeg

Last edited:

el_barto

Reaction score
I’ve had this happen a couple times (<5 times in 2 years) on my 8.4”. It’s always fine after cycling the system/next time I drive (turn off engine and let it all power down, sit for a couple minutes)

Annoying but infrequent enough to be a major concern.

I think maybe the times it happens I have tried to access the camera system quickly after starting the truck. But haven’t paid that much attention to when it’s happened

Omarf4

Reaction score
So between the time I posted this thread and about 2 minutes ago, I went out to park the truck in the garage for the night and the camera system was operational. Backup camera and 360° surround view.

I take it this is normal after disconnecting the batteries for 20 minutes each to replace them.

All good. PSA for others.

Rammer

Reaction score
I just had the same experience as the OP. After changing the batteries everything but the backup camera system worked, and I couldn't find anything wrong. So after checking this forum and seeing the suggestion to let it sit for a while I left it overnight. When I checked this morning - Voila - the camera system is working again! I can't figure out why it should take so long to reset, but I'm sure glad it's working again and I don't have to take it in to the dealer!
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Users who are viewing this thread