Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a roll up thread posted in a Q&A type list for many of the common camera questions.

Further details like part numbers and AalfaOBD settings to be appended as they become available.

Q: Can I upgrade to the Digital Rearview Mirror?
A: Currently, only 21+ BCM support the Digital Rearview Mirror

Q: Can I upgrade my 2021 Digital Rearview Mirror to support the Tow Mode Camera available in 2022?
A: "Yes, you can install a 2022 digital rear view mirror on your 2021. It has two camera connectors coming out of the mirror (black is for the CHMSL camera, and white is for the tow mode camera).
And yes, you can use the same camera part number that is used in the CHMSL for the tow mode camera." [credit @Jimmy07 ]​

Q: Can I add the Auxiliary Trailer Camera to my 19+ truck?
A: Sales code feature XFQ can be added to 19+ trucks that have surround.
2019 trucks BCM offers one AUX1 input
2020+ trucks offer AUX1 and AUX2
2022+ Trucks use the 360° Trailer Surround View system for AUX1 and can optionally use AUX2 analog input (needs confirmation).
Note: "If you do not have surround view, then you can’t have the cargo camera and aux camera. The cargo camera that is used on surround view equipped trucks is digital, and runs through the CVPM. The cargo camera on non surround view trucks is analog, and uses the same camera input as the aux 1 camera. I’m not 100% sure on the 2019, but, if you enable VehConfig 8: Auxiliary Trailer Camera present, and 2 aux camera soft keys show up, you can make one aux cam input the cargo camera, and the other your trailer camera. You just wouldn’t have the cargo grid lines anymore." [credit: @Jimmy07]​
Q: Can I add the 360° Trailer Surround view to my truck?
A: 360° Trailer requires 2022+ UC5

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
12-pin Wiring

Pin 1 (Red) is common power (Aux #1, Aux #2)
Pin 2 (Open)
Pin 3 (Open)
Pin 4 (Open)
Pin 5 (Open)
Pin 6 (Black) is common ground (Aux #1, Aux #2),
Pin 7 (Brown) is Aux Camera #2
Pin 8 (Grey) is Aux Camera #1 Shield
Pin 9 (Green) is Aux Camera #1 Signal
Pin 10 (White) is Aux Camera #1 Return
Pin 11 (Blue) is Aux Camera #2
Pin 12 (Yellow) is Aux Camera #2

2022+ AUX1 = Trailer Surround