Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California License Plate Question

scbauer

Reaction score
So I picked up my new 75th Anniversary PW a few weeks back, and the plates just showed up in the mail. I wanted to order the California 1960's black personalized plates like I have on my other cars. I'm looking to get "75Axxxx" where xxxx is my build number. For example, if my build number is 1234 I'm trying to get "75A1234" but for some reason, the DMV website keeps rejecting my order. It doesn't give me any specific error, it actually let's me add the plates to my cart, but when I go to pay, it simply says:
In accordance with DMV policy, some items have been removed from the cart and will no longer be part of your transaction. Driver's License, Identification Card Renewal and Duplicate Driver's License items will be removed after 24 hours of inactivity. After 30 days of inactivity, all items in your cart will be removed. In order to return the item(s) to your shopping cart, you will need to re-add the item(s) by clicking on the "Continue Shopping" button below.
The plates are removed from my cart and I have to start all over, but it does the same thing every time.

Does anybody know of any possible policy that would prevent the 75A1234 plate? My next option is to fill out the paper form and send it in, but would be good to know if there's some sort of policy that says I can't do ##A#### or something like that (I know you can't do all numbers in California).

Option 2... get the hell out of California. ;)

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Option 2. HaHaHa.

If you have AAA, go there and get them.
Other option is to go sit in the DMV.

Their system is screwed up.
Bought a 2001 F250. Changed tags to Calif. Everything seemed fine.
Next year went to register and couldn't find it on line or at the kiosk. Finally had to send stuff in. Next year, same thing. But every time I called DMV, they said they could see it and I must be doing something wrong.
Last time, I just went to AAA.
Sold the truck when I bought my 75th. Hope the guy doesent have issues next year.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Have they opened up personalized plates again? When I looked a few months ago they were not available due to the Rona.

el_barto

Reaction score
It might be part of the standard numbering sequence and therefore not allowed

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I ordered my personalized black plates last week online. They took my money and the transaction went through so im assuming they are processing these orders again.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Glad to hear.
Got my regular plates finally. Went to AAA and transferred my personal plates onto the truck. Next week I want to order a new set, but in black.

Users who are viewing this thread