Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bypass oem rear air 2016 2500

mreuss222

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2016 ram 2500 located in VT. the rear factory air has always been a issue in the winter. But I have always been able to get it going. airbrake anti freeze and wd40 with heating it. Well she finally won't come back.
I want to bypass the stock system and add my own compressor and use the factory rear bags. I can't find anything on this and Im sure people must have done this.
At the moment i cut and plugged the 2 air lines at the stock compressor. I put a 1/4 in t fitting and added a cheap 12v air compressor. this is working but I want to do a clean set up gauge mounted on dash. Be able to fill and bleed the system .
Anyone here does this yet?
Also trying to find out what the psi is for normal factory ride?

thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2016 ram 2500 located in VT. the rear factory air has always been a issue in the winter. But I have always been able to get it going. airbrake anti freeze and wd40 with heating it. Well she finally won't come back.
I want to bypass the stock system and add my own compressor and use the factory rear bags. I can't find anything on this and Im sure people must have done this.
At the moment i cut and plugged the 2 air lines at the stock compressor. I put a 1/4 in t fitting and added a cheap 12v air compressor. this is working but I want to do a clean set up gauge mounted on dash. Be able to fill and bleed the system .
Anyone here does this yet?
Also trying to find out what the psi is for normal factory ride?

thanks
Factory ride is 10- 15 psi roughly. And the OEM system can be turned off with alfaobd

Users who are viewing this thread