Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business Band Radio install - 2022 Laramie

Golfnut

Reaction score
I got a 2022 Laramie a few weeks ago and need to install a business band radio in it. I already purchased a fender/hood antenna mount that doesn't require drilling. My truck has the AUX power buttons under the radio, and the center console with bucket seats. Where is the best place to install the radio and what is the best way to get power to it. I'd like to have it be on key switched power.

Golfnut

Reaction score
Two way radio. Not a cb but on a licensed frequency.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Vhf? Uhf? Ham?
How big is the unit? Does it have a remote head unit?
You can look in my build thread as to how I did my Kenwood VHF radio I use for race support.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
There’s a good write up on here about it. Search for aux switches. I think jimmy07 wrote it. But for power inside the cab, one of the options on your light grey plug on the aux bundle is to jumper over from an Aux switch output. That provides power back in the cab. Your kit comes with a white connector that matches one by the driver footwell. Plug it in and you’ll have power to the inside you can tap off of. It’s purple/yellow I believe. You can then use an aux switch to power that circuit in the cab. The commercial menu in the cluster then gives you the options of ignition/battery, momentary/latched and remember last state. That’s the route I would go.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
For power you can review my sticky:

Users who are viewing this thread