Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushwacker Trail Armor Sill/Rocker Protection

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Between my workboots and the wife/kids climbing in/out, I started noticing my door sills were getting some scuffs and scratches (see pic below). I was thinking about just vinyl wrapping the area for some protection but ran across Bushwacker Trail Armor(link) and it looked like a well designed product. I ordered mine on Amazon, happened to be on sale, for about $142. Amazon Link.

Web.PNG

Photo of the sill/rocker panel scratches:
Before.jpg

The install was very simple. After cleaning the area, it took roughly 30mins to install by myself. It is attached with pre-installed 3M adhesive tape.

Adhesive.jpg

Photos of it installed.

Install1.jpg

Install2.jpg

Install3.jpg

These rocker protectors are molded to wrap around the rear of the cab and fit very well. Besides covering the door sills, this also wraps around the whole rocker all the way to the pinch welds. I didn't have to make any modifications to them to fit over my rock sliders but something like an Amp step might require some minor trimming. I've been running these for a couple of months now and I have zero regrets from this purchase. If you're in the market for some sill/rocker protection, this is a great product for the price!

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Any concern about them trapping dirt, and causing more paint damage, or trapping moisture?

I like the concept, I have a bunch of scratches on the door sill there as well
This was my initial concern also. There are some drain ducts that should get the moisture out and you could probably use them to flush out any debris if that remained a concern.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I put them on mine within the first few weeks of ownership. I figured whatever they trap in there is no worse than what happened to that area on my 4th gen with rock chips while at-least keeping it looking better with an inexpensive bit of plastic that I can easily replace. If it wasn't so expensive I would just have my rockers linex'd in premium, but these things are a no brainier for the cost.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I've had them on my truck for a year and a half now. No issue at all. If I lived in the "salt belt" I might have some concerns though.

My only complaint is they get dirtier then the truck and start looking faded (just dirt in the texturing) so you you to scrub them and put a vinyl protector on them to keep them looking "black"

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Not the same as the sliders, but I installed mine with my RB20's on the truck. It was a bit tight, but I was able to get them on there without taking off the steps.

Mulely

Reaction score
Too bad these don't fit megacabs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lary0071

Reaction score
I've had them on my truck for a year and a half now. No issue at all. If I lived in the "salt belt" I might have some concerns though.

My only complaint is they get dirtier then the truck and start looking faded (just dirt in the texturing) so you you to scrub them and put a vinyl protector on them to keep them looking "black"

Salt rusts our cars and trucks from the back side, not the painted side. By the time we see the first bubble in the paint, the steel behind the paint is pretty much gone. I would have no problem with them up here, but I would stay vigilant with doing my annual oil based Krown Rustproofing spray for $170 that goes into the backs of the panels. If you have a Krown Rustproofing near you, look into it. You can search and read a bunch from Canadian folks (where Krown is from) who swear by the product. I've been using it for a few years now, but I also have accidentally sold every vehicle I bought and had Krown applied to... s the next owner at least has a head start on a longer service life even if they do nothing additional.

Users who are viewing this thread