Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build Priority Code?

SgnDen

Reaction score
The order I am close to executing shows "Build Priority Code 99" .... is this something to be negotiated if it has to do with the order of production?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The order I am close to executing shows "Build Priority Code 99" .... is this something to be negotiated if it has to do with the order of production?

I think that's the tire-kicker order code.

LOL. I seem to recall mine was also assigned 99 until the order got submitted by the dealer. I believe it designates "back of line." Basically a place holder for the dealer to get it in the system until you finalize the sales codes and pull the trigger. Then it will get slotted into whatever the next slot they have. I can't say if anyone's ever tried to negotiate bumping another customer out of their assigned slot.

SgnDen

Reaction score
I think that's the tire-kicker order code.

LOL. I seem to recall mine was also assigned 99 until the order got submitted by the dealer. I believe it designates "back of line." Basically a place holder for the dealer to get it in the system until you finalize the sales codes and pull the trigger. Then it will get slotted into whatever the next slot they have. I can't say if anyone's ever tried to negotiate bumping another customer out of their assigned slot.
Ah, that would make sense. It's similar to why the quote they sent to me has the wrong truck on it. They have to use a truck with a VIN to run the numbers and it's not mine, of course, since it hasn't been built yet.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread