Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought the wrong size ditch lights LOL FML

Nvrenough

Reaction score
So I thought I was buying 5 inch ditch lights and didn't measure like a dummy and got the 7inch ones. I must have been tired this week as I didn't even check before I did all the work lol. Take them off right? LOL FMLIMG-1090.jpgIMG-1079.jpgIMG-1086.jpg

Aykillah

Reaction score
Could always mount them to the bumper and still get the smaller ditch lights.

Nvrenough

Reaction score
Could always mount them to the bumper and still get the smaller ditch lights.
Yeah thats what im thinking would be better. Do they make a bracket to mount to our stock bumpers? or would I have to get like a randy ellis bumper?

Aykillah

Reaction score
Yeah thats what im thinking would be better. Do they make a bracket to mount to our stock bumpers? or would I have to get like a randy ellis bumper?
I just drilled my bumper and used rivnuts for my light bar. If the lights came with a bracket I would check placement and if they look good have at it. Just be sure to de-burr and put some type or protective coating on the metal where and if you drill.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Thank you for posting those pictures. It insures I will never ever make the same mistake. I would take those off and save them for a future Randy Ellis PW light bar. Use something smaller for the ditch lights.

RTillery

Reaction score
I put the Rigid Sideshooters cube lights on my Jeep. Amazing amount of light in a small package. They're great for going down windy dirt roads and spotting deer ready to jump in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread