Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla S Type exhaust

NightTrain

Reaction score
Does anybody know offhand the factory exhaust pipe size in/out of the factory muffler and the length of the factory muffler? Length of resonator?
I still have my factory exhaust sitting on a shelf in my garage. I'll get back to you with measurements when I get home this afternoon.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Muffler is 28”, resonator is 12.5 by themselves. Adding the in/out pipes to the muffler, you’re at 37.75
Thanks. I actually got back where I could measure today as well. There is around 40” of straight pipe, including the muffler, under the rig. One could easily replace the muffler with, for example, a flowmaster 70 or similar large body muffler and move the resonator up behind the muffler and bend their own tailpipe. Create their own sound, keep the drone down and make a better looking tailpipe without the ugly resonator.

Users who are viewing this thread