Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost Auto GM Style Tow Mirrors 2022 3500

captainbob3

Reaction score
I recently swapped out my OEM moose antlers for the Boost Auto Parts GM Style tow mirrors. I absolutely love them. My issues with the OEM mirror was the convex mirror not giving a wide enough view in the down position , in the up position they are obnoxiously wide and the worst part is they are so high I couldn't see over them creating a very bad blind spot. All of these issues are gone with the Boost Auto mirrors. They are pricey, but If you watch for sales you can get up to 30% off (I did on 4th of July sale). I would guess a good sale will come up for Labor Day.

Attachments

• IMG_3296.jpeg
    IMG_3296.jpeg
    855.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3297.jpeg
    IMG_3297.jpeg
    906.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3298.jpeg
    IMG_3298.jpeg
    872 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
For some reason your attachment is not coming thru . At least on my computer .

Nick

Reaction score
Checked them out on the website . Pretty nice .

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Those look great and if they weren't so much for the power fold version, I would get them just for the reverse high-power LEDs.

It also, looks like the lower edge of the mirror is below the Ram mirrors so it would be easier to see right beside the truck.

It is a shame that the convex part is not power though.

Last edited:

captainbob3

Reaction score
Yes the power fold is ridiculous, I did not get them, I have a Tradesman and didnt have them anyway. I thought the same thing about the convex, but they see so wide I never have to adjust them. when I extend the mirrors for towing I dont have to adjust anything

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I really wish they had a way to retain the 360 cameras with the GM style mirrors - 100% the thing I miss most about my 4th gen was my boost mirrors. It's just a better mirror over all IMO.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I found the exact same problems with OEM mirrors on my 22. It's odd because I had aftermarket OEM style mirrors on my 2014 1500. I didn't mind them on that truck. My only gripe was having to readjust them every time I towed. With this truck, something was different and I could never seem to get them set right when flipped down. Not sure if the mirrors themselves were slightly different, the bigger truck or maybe a different seating position. They worked fine when flipped up but stuck out way too far for day to day driving.

I knew the boost mirrors would be better and I toiled over the purchase for a long time. Finally decided to pull the trigger on their 20 percent off July 4th sale. Wish I would have done it sooner. I'm not in love with the look but they work so well. The quality is great. Best of all, I don't have to readjust them every week. Just slide them in and out. I ordered mine with the LED smoked signals, heated upper and lower glass and the high output rear facing floods. An added bonus is that they have the turn signal indicators in the glass. I considered the power fold but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the extra money (my OEM didn't have it). They are also about 1" narrower (per side) than the OEM so getting into my garage stall is actually a bit easier. Highly recommend to anyone that hates the OEM mirrors.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Those look great and if they weren't so much for the power fold version, I would get them just for the reverse high-power LEDs.

It also, looks like the lower edge of the mirror is below the Ram mirrors so it would be easier to see right beside the truck.

It is a shame that the convex part is not power though.
So maybe I'm missing something but the floods take place of the puddle lights. They only come on with the door being opened. When I purchased, I was thinking they would somehow be able to be activated with reverse. So far I can't figure out a way to do that or even a way to manually activate them.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
So maybe I'm missing something but the floods take place of the puddle lights. They only come on with the door being opened. When I purchased, I was thinking they would somehow be able to be activated with reverse. So far I can't figure out a way to do that or even a way to manually activate them.
Looks at these pictures from Boost Auto.

The reverse lights show in the 4 bullet down in the first picture. They may need to be custom wired to come on in reverse.

That said I now realize the Boost Auto GM mirrors for Rams do NOT have puddle lights.

Attachments

• IMG_3511.jpeg
    IMG_3511.jpeg
    919.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3510.jpeg
    IMG_3510.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3509.jpeg
    IMG_3509.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
You should be able to repin them to work like the factory "backup lights", that said I'd just custom wire them to a reverse trigger like I had on my 4th gen. The OE mirror backup lights only work if you engage them, but do not come on by default.

If you reach out to Boost Auto Parts they should be able to tell you which wire is for the backup lights so you can do as you please with them. I had mine on the same relay circuit I had built for my aux backup lights where they would either come on with reverse when AUX6 was engaged (I had programmed to retain state) or I could manually turn them on with AUX5.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about using the aux switches to trigger them. I actually don't think I'd want them on with reverse all the time. I would like to use them when hooking up my camper in the dark, mainly. They are super bright and light up the peripheral areas really well.

swinn128

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I didn't think about using the aux switches to trigger them. I actually don't think I'd want them on with reverse all the time. I would like to use them when hooking up my camper in the dark, mainly. They are super bright and light up the peripheral areas really well.

I recently put the Boost Mirrors on as well. So much better when plowing. I didn't like to flip up the others just because of having to adjust after. Towing flipped up wasn't bad but plowing I was also afraid of clipping them on something if up. The last thing on a truck that I notice really are the mirrors but that said you could definitely pick up a Ram coming at you with mirrors up.

I have found that even with the low intensity "puddle" lights getting in you are blinded with the boost mirrors. I bought some Window Tint that people used for lights on cars and put it over it to tone down the glaring light. I probably could have gone a shade darker and still been able to have the desired light. I don't think I would like them as reverse lights that much but I have never had lights on any of my mirrors before so even the directional took some getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread