Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigger tires on stock rims (3500 DRW)

DrJMG

Reaction score
Apologies if that has already been covered here but I searched and couldn’t find it.

Just got a 2024 3500 Limited DRW. Already aware that the Nexens it came with will need to be changed out sooner rather than later. 235/80R17

Question is how much bigger a tire I can go with without causing any problems. Don’t want to change rims or do a lift.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DrJMG

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks!

After reading all that I may just stick with the OEM tire size even though I'd prefer if they filled the wheel wells better.

At some point I'm going to start haulng a large 5W and don't want to do anything that could compromise safety.

Last edited:

scrmblr2

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks!

After reading all that I may just stick with the OEM tire size even though I'd prefer if they filled the wheel wells better.

At some point I'm going to start haulng a large 5W and don't want to do anything that could compromise safety.
That’s about the same conclusion I came to. Only thing I am looking into now is what I will replace factory tires with. Don’t do much off-roading with a dually but would mind a nice improvement in looks/slippery condition traction/and similar wear characteristics to stock highway ride/wear.

DeadEnd

Reaction score
You would be good with 255/80/17's. Don't have to worry about using spacers with that size either.

Users who are viewing this thread