Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn vs Laramie

naplesbill

Reaction score
A mega cab dually is 9 inches shorter than my dually CC LB. Not sure it it is a 6'4" bed or a special bed for the mega cab.

Seems like quite a sacrifice to have a Mega cab dually. Found this video comparison:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bht222u

Reaction score
A Laramie can be ordered with a carpet delete.
I wish I had known that when I ordered mine. When I placed my order for a '21 2500 Laramie in Oct of '20 carpet delete was an option that was listed on the build site.

bht222u

Reaction score
I am going to eliminate the Limted and Limited Longhorn because those are way out of my price range and I want a step up from Tradesman (I really like the Night Edition) so I am between these two trims. It appears if I add the Big Horn Equipment group B and the LED headlamps, it has pretty much everything the Laramie has if you include Laramie Level A and is $3,000 cheaper. Is the only real difference the seats? I know if you start adding all of the tech groups and stuff to both the Big Horn and Laramie, they start to come closer in price because they are cheaper on the Laramie, but if you don't add all of that stuff (towing and safety), the Big Horn seems like a better value so I just wanted to see if I was missing anything else.
I went thru want you're going thru when I configured my truck and ordered it. I outfitted a bighorn to what I wanted my new truck to be like, then I played with the Laramie trim. After all was said and done I bought the Laramie, and normally I'm a bit of cheapo when it come to buying stuff for myself like a truck.

For what was going to be about $4k more I got leather, vented seats, auto dim headlights, and power release tailgate. The Big Horn was going to have like $17k in add on items versus $4k I added to the Laramie.

I've had seconds doubts of buying the new truck due to the cost, but never about going up a trim level to Laramie. I didn't get the safety package or the trailer towing tech to save some cost.

Outfit a Bighorn and a Laramie go to a dealer and see which price you can live with, sometime rebates are level specific.

Last edited:

MEGA HO

Reaction score
A mega cab dually is 9 inches shorter than my dually CC LB. Not sure it it is a 6'4" bed or a special bed for the mega cab.
Dually or not, mega cabs come with 6'4" beds. Yes they're almost as long as a CC LB.
I wish there was a mega cab LB, I'd have had one. :)

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I went thru want you're going thru when I configured my truck and ordered it. I outfitted a bighorn to what I wanted my new truck to be like, then I played with the Laramie trim. After all was said and done I bought the Laramie, and normally I'm a bit of cheapo when it come to buying stuff for myself like a truck.

For what was going to be about $4k more I got leather, vented seats, auto dim headlights, and power release tailgate. The Big Horn was going to have like $17k in add on items versus $4k I added to the Laramie.

I've had seconds doubts of buying the new truck due to the cost, but never about going up a trim level to Laramie. I didn't get the safety package or the trailer towing tech to save some cost.

Outfit a Bighorn and a Laramie go to a dealer and see which price you can live with, sometime rebates are level specific.

Same thing i went through. I wanted a Big Horn for the cloth seats but i REALLY wanted some of the items that were exclusive to the higher trims like remote tailgate release and fender flares. I ended up buying a Laramie and in the end, the cost savings was not worth giving up some of those "wants".

They all end up being $65k, $75k, $80k+ trucks so in the end, just buy the truck you really want and be done with it haha.

Users who are viewing this thread