Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biden administration ADMITS flying 320,000 migrants secretly into the U.S

Enve46

Reaction score
I mean I can use a source you trust that has an article touting the extreme views of John Tanton so even Fox acknowledges that.

you keep bringing up John Tanton like relevant to illegal immigrsnts being flown into our country by the current administration. These are facts that aren’t even being refuted. You’re just dodging the issue at hand while pointing over here, “Look, a racist!” Which makes everything you’re arguing irrelevant

In that same token, Biden called segregating schools a “racial jungle” so do you have the same feelings towards him? Or how about Harris’ policies which have put more minority’s behind bars for nonviolent crimes? The list goes on and on but NONE of that is relevant to our current illegal immigration problem.

mountainears

Reaction score
It’s totally relevant when someone posts an article and the spreading news that is all sourced from the report from that organization which cannot be trusted. I said nothing about my views on border control. If someone posted an article from the Daily Mail saying that the monarchy was racist I would have called out the same issue. Doesn’t mean that there isn’t or wasn’t racism within the monarchy, just means I’m not a fan of people posting sensationalized news stories to move their agenda forward like they are factual. This spreading of false or bloated news is what is screwing up this country unfortunately.

Frankly I’m a bit disturbed I got drawn into this crazy conversation on a truck forum. I’m perplexed why these off topic forums exist in forums that have a specific topic, makes no sense when there are literally thousands of places on the internet that are focused on these issues.

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
And like all those other places, you are free to ignore. Just saying... I've come to like this group as it's one of the few places I can see what a larger swath of the country with mixed professions are up to.

I do agree on news sources being sketchy. I, for one, feel very lost when it comes to news now that I see the curtain lifted. I have a hard time believing anything these days - if I agree or not. "It's the end of the world" and "Our country is in the utmost peril" sells. That in and of itself makes me very suspect. It's all hysteria or personal gain...or is it?

All that said - There is video after video of droves of people headed for our country, illegally. There are YouTube videos outlining the way to get in and take advantage of the system. Here in NYC it is VERY visible. I dont see an end game. There are other/cheaper ways to buy/get votes. If all the reports are even half true, there has to be another game plan. It'd been easier and cheaper to just simply do right by our country and be legit than do all this. I just dont get it...

Last edited:

mountainears

Reaction score
I typically do ignore but for some reason this one caught my eye this morning. And it sounds like we're in similar mindsets maybe. As I said, I never stated my views on border policy and I do agree that there are significant issues with it and there are significant numbers of migrants trying to get here. We are the land of opportunity as they say so that in itself is a beacon besides a lot of the policies of many cities that give probably too much protection to migrants. A bigger issue than this is the over sensationalizing of issues like this that drive panic, rash decisions and bad behavior. This comes from the various press organizations on both sides and our politicians who make newsbyte comments that get takend for fact and we just suck it all up and perpetuate it in places like this. It's really a sad state of affairs that unfortunately won't end, its just going to get worse.

Enve46

Reaction score
It’s totally relevant when someone posts an article and the spreading news that is all sourced from the report from that organization which cannot be trusted. I said nothing about my views on border control. If someone posted an article from the Daily Mail saying that the monarchy was racist I would have called out the same issue. Doesn’t mean that there isn’t or wasn’t racism within the monarchy, just means I’m not a fan of people posting sensationalized news stories to move their agenda forward like they are factual. This spreading of false or bloated news is what is screwing up this country unfortunately.

Frankly I’m a bit disturbed I got drawn into this crazy conversation on a truck forum. I’m perplexed why these off topic forums exist in forums that have a specific topic, makes no sense when there are literally thousands of places on the internet that are focused on these issues.
There's an off-topic section for people to engage in open discussion, respectfully, share views and maybe even learn from an opposing party. Its easily avoidable by not clicking on it, engaging within it and continuing.
I typically do ignore but for some reason this one caught my eye this morning. And it sounds like we're in similar mindsets maybe. As I said, I never stated my views on border policy and I do agree that there are significant issues with it and there are significant numbers of migrants trying to get here. We are the land of opportunity as they say so that in itself is a beacon besides a lot of the policies of many cities that give probably too much protection to migrants. A bigger issue than this is the over sensationalizing of issues like this that drive panic, rash decisions and bad behavior. This comes from the various press organizations on both sides and our politicians who make newsbyte comments that get takend for fact and we just suck it all up and perpetuate it in places like this. It's really a sad state of affairs that unfortunately won't end, its just going to get worse.
Agree with you here which is why I don't utilize many social media platforms anymore. The reason I defended this article is I spent a few hours reading up on it when I saw it on Monday evening being reported on Fox news. Based on the reading Ive done, I believe the information that was shared has credibility. Quite frankly, I dont trust ANY media outlets even ones that share my views. We all must be diligent in researching facts AND must remove emotions which is hard to do.

Illegal immigration is crushing this country in many ways but adding the vulnerability to an attack, is of great concern to me. Your responses in this thread make it seem that that is of no concern to you, which is an unfair assumption by many of us. I am only suggesting that maybe before shutting down a post or commenting on a post you take the same approach you stand by and research the topic and come back to share your views at that point. That probably reads a bit aggressive but if you don't trust media sources you probably shouldn't shake it off as nonfactual until you can prove otherwise

mountainears

Reaction score
There's an off-topic section for people to engage in open discussion, respectfully, share views and maybe even learn from an opposing party. Its easily avoidable by not clicking on it, engaging within it and continuing.

Agree with you here which is why I don't utilize many social media platforms anymore. The reason I defended this article is I spent a few hours reading up on it when I saw it on Monday evening being reported on Fox news. Based on the reading Ive done, I believe the information that was shared has credibility. Quite frankly, I dont trust ANY media outlets even ones that share my views. We all must be diligent in researching facts AND must remove emotions which is hard to do.

Illegal immigration is crushing this country in many ways but adding the vulnerability to an attack, is of great concern to me. Your responses in this thread make it seem that that is of no concern to you, which is an unfair assumption by many of us. I am only suggesting that maybe before shutting down a post or commenting on a post you take the same approach you stand by and research the topic and come back to share your views at that point. That probably reads a bit aggressive but if you don't trust media sources you probably shouldn't shake it off as nonfactual until you can prove otherwise
Your last bit there is exactly what I was doing. I did research it before posting and it is why I posted because the basis of the article is biased. As mentioned I never said there was a border policy issue or immigration issue. The issue here IMHO is completely focused on the biased report.

I do disagree probably with most on how border issues should be handled. I’m a supporter of legal immigration but even with that there has to be limits, we can’t just take in the whole world. But we do need an open nation and with that you will have bad stuff coming in regardless of what you do. It just shouldn’t be to the level we are at right now.

And every issue we have in this country does not tie back to immigration like folks want you to believe.

And I understand why forums like this have off topic threads. I just don’t overall agree with the need or benefit.

Lerker

Reaction score
I come to hdrams for truck content.... to detach from the craziness of the day. The last place I want to hear partisans bicker about immigration policy is here. Good god.

Enve46

Reaction score
Your last bit there is exactly what I was doing. I did research it before posting and it is why I posted because the basis of the article is biased. As mentioned I never said there was a border policy issue or immigration issue. The issue here IMHO is completely focused on the biased report.

I do disagree probably with most on how border issues should be handled. I’m a supporter of legal immigration but even with that there has to be limits, we can’t just take in the whole world. But we do need an open nation and with that you will have bad stuff coming in regardless of what you do. It just shouldn’t be to the level we are at right now.

And every issue we have in this country does not tie back to immigration like folks want you to believe.

And I understand why forums like this have off topic threads. I just don’t overall agree with the need or benefit.
Legal immigration is important but I believe we need to shut it all down temporarily and get some things ironed out. Firstly I think the process for some to become legal immigrants is absurd having watched a few go through it. Secondly, we need to seriously have a mass deportation to try and get to a point of neutrality. Then reassess EVERYTHING. To become a citizen we should have certain competency standards- I like Vivek view point on this so rather than messing up his words, can look that up.

I don’t think illegal immigration is the sole problem that’s laughable. I do think it’s a major problem negatively affecting several pain points of our country.

All this said this is why these threads are important. If we can’t have open discussion, share views and remain respectful by doing so then we have no path forward. We will remain a divided nation.

RichM752

Reaction score
Well if it's on the internet it's got to be true.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Daily Mail is as reliable of a source and the National Enquirer here in the US. So no, not something.

Yes, the app is real. Yes the story is posted in many sites (untrusted or very right wing) and yes they are all basing their stories or Embellishing them from this CIS report. Do some research on CIS and tell me what you think of them.

None of you seem interested in diving into CIS? A hate group cofounded by a white nationalist into eugenics who is the source for all the reporting? That makes sense to you?

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

I come to hdrams for truck content.... to detach from the craziness of the day. The last place I want to hear partisans bicker about immigration policy is here. Good god.

fetal.gif

CFE

Reaction score
Or

It's a thread about secretly flying 320,000 migrants into the U.S.

It's partially that and partially - I voted against or for the current administration - without saying I vote for/against.

Enve46

Reaction score
It's partially that and partially - I voted against or for the current administration - without saying I vote for/against.
I voted for and will be voting for Trump. No secrets here. I hate all of our options. The entire system is bought and paid for. In addition, I have some very left leaning friends that feel exactly the same way I do about the border. It really SHOULDNT be a left vs right thing, this hurts everyone. Unfortunately a lot of pandering goes on

CFE

Reaction score
I voted for and will be voting for Trump. No secrets here. I hate all of our options. The entire system is bought and paid for. In addition, I have some very left leaning friends that feel exactly the same way I do about the border. It really SHOULDNT be a left vs right thing, this hurts everyone. Unfortunately a lot of pandering goes on

Regarding the immigrant situation - absolutely should not be a left vs right thing/partisan issue. Unfortunately it is and has been for quite a while.

I didn't make my comment about who voted for whom in favor of one over the other - as I just pointed it out how it was comical to me how you could go down the comments in this thread and make a good educated guess at who voted for whom. I concur - all of the options in this election cycle suck ass...that being said, i'll most likely refrain or do a write in...since I don't go in the store looking for eggs and when they're out, I come out with tilapia, I just come out without the eggs.

Enve46

Reaction score
Regarding the immigrant situation - absolutely should not be a left vs right thing/partisan issue. Unfortunately it is and has been for quite a while.

I didn't make my comment about who voted for whom in favor of one over the other - as I just pointed it out how it was comical to me how you could go down the comments in this thread and make a good educated guess at who voted for whom. I concur - all of the options in this election cycle suck ass...that being said, i'll most likely refrain or do a write in...since I don't go in the store looking for eggs and when they're out, I come out with tilapia, I just come out without the eggs.
I get your point but you can leave the store empty handed and be just fine. I’d urge you to pick one of the candidates. I always tell people remove emotion and vote with your pocket. Or you could end up having someone go buy eggs for you and come back with tilapia anyway and you can’t return it

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
<snip>

Because it's a landing point for content that would otherwise be in the forums and require more moderation than we have time for. Sort of like a fly trap to keep the crap contained in one place.

Feel free to ignore any What's New, New Posts, or Latest Activity threads in Off Topic. Just scroll on by. Criticism of its existence is not necessary.

To be clear, politics is allowed only in the OT forum primarily for reasons stated above.

That said, we still expect everyone to behave like grown ups and keep the conversation civil. Any rules violation, including personal attacks will be dealt with using extreme prejudice.

Users who are viewing this thread