Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BF Goodrich KO2 37x12.5x17" Anybody have experience with these tires on our rigs?

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Reading a lot of different opinions online. Carli & CJC say they're great tires but won't last as long on a 3/4 truck vs Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo AT3.

Current plan is to buy KO2's from Costco and leverage their warranty if they wear early.

Thoughts?

franko

Reaction score
I loved the KO2s on my 1500 and got about 70k out of them. Wore very evenly even with me not being very vigilant about rotating. I will say, they got kind of loud at highway speeds around 35k - 40k.
All of that being said, I'm going to try something different for my 2500. From what info I've read, there are better options for the HD trucks.

Darkside

Reaction score
I’m running 285/65R20 KO2s on my 2500 CCLB Hemi, I’ve only put about 2,300 miles on them so far (truck only has 3,300 miles on it). They are night and day difference from the stock transjunk and are showing absolutely no wear, then again I would hope not considering the miles.

franko

Reaction score
I’m running 285/65R20 KO2s on my 2500 CCLB Hemi, I’ve only put about 2,300 miles on them so far (truck only has 3,300 miles on it). They are night and day difference from the stock transjunk and are showing absolutely no wear, then again I would hope not considering the miles.
Those are the exact size I had on my 1500. Cant say enough good things about them. They really exceeded my expectations.

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Im set on the size at 37x12.5x17 but open to other tires. That said, I need three peaks (severe snow rated) and that combined with the size seems to really limit my options.

franko

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Nittos, Toyos and General Grabber ATX. I used Grabber AT2s in the past and was happy with them.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I always got about 30k on KOs and KO2s. That’s mostly Highway (99%). Road noise wasn’t terrible. I had one that got a giant bubble in it around 15k miles, but the 5 other sets were perfect. Worked great in snow and dirt. Never really got them in to mud.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Nittos, Toyos and General Grabber ATX. I used Grabber AT2s in the past and was happy with them.
Those will be my next tires. It was a toss up between those and the X3 and the X3 won out. General tires have been good to me lately so I'll end up staying with them until I have a problem.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
They are not great it in the snow. Are terrible in mud. They wear out fast on a HD truck. Especially if you tow a lot. And absolutely melt off with a diesel. If they sell you the "DT" version made to address these issues. They lose their 3PMSF designation and are worse in every category but wear.

Nitto, Toyo, general, falken, Cooper are all a much better at tire. Generals in my area just tend to be really pricey.

Greenhills

Reaction score
Has my 37" falkens in about 20" of snow today.. climbed a few good hills, traction was top notch. Would not run a KO2 on these trucks. Had them in the past and they never impressed. As others stated, these lose to other tires in every category.

Mr Otis

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback! Went with Toyo AT3s instead.

Where did you find the AT3s? I haven’t found them anywhere in an E rating. National back order. Anyone have experience with F rated tires? Do they ride any rougher than E rated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Where did you find the AT3s? I haven’t found them anywhere in an E rating. National back order. Anyone have experience with F rated tires? Do they ride any rougher than E rated?

Follow the load charts for them and there isn't a noticable difference really

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score

Mine took a few weeks from Tire Rack. It looks like the back order has gone crazy since. #LGB

ACLdestroyer

Reaction score
Those look like a great tire. Any feedback?

So far I can say theyre great in the rain and standing water. The road noise (37/12.50/18) is obviously higher than the Transforces but it took a week and I dont even notice.

Will report back with a Snow and Ice review later in Dec.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score

These are in stock at tirebuyer.com. 15% off installed price with code INSTALL15

0AA38E19-D73D-44C0-ADEC-9EECAAA83DB7.jpeg

Mr Otis

Reaction score
These are in stock at tirebuyer.com. 15% off installed price with code INSTALL15

View attachment 28262

I’m gonna run 18’s. The raceline rims I want are back ordered too lol. But I gotta get tires now that winter is here so I’ll put them on the stock Laramie rims for now. By the way I ordered a set of wildpeak at3 from tire buyer. Said they were good in stock. Delivery in a few days. After several weeks I got 2 tires. The other 2 they said are officially out of stock and they said they will refund me for those two

Users who are viewing this thread