Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best programmer for my needs?

Kross

Reaction score
Hey guys - sorry for another one of these threads but the search function really isn't helping with this one.

I've got a '22 PW and I'm looking for a single ODB coding solution to accomplish them all, if possible:

1. Disable cornering fog lights - I've installed Baja Sport fogs which I need completely off unless I press the fog button. (I'm also open to completely disabling and rewiring the to a 3rd-party switch)
2. Power folding mirrors when truck is turned on/off.
3. Disable 3x horn beeps when keys leave a running vehicle.
4. Disable PW nanny features (locker & sway bar speed limits, no donuts, etc.)

Is there one tool that can accomplish these settings or am I looking at multiple tools/flashes? AlfaODB? Tazer? Something else?

Thanks!

mountainears

Reaction score
#2 and 3 can’t be done with programmers as far as I know. There is a whole thread on the 3 beep thing, a couple of non programming bypasses work but that’s it.

Power folding mirrors automatically on power off I’m pretty sure is like that as well, but there may be one of those tools you plug in and keep in that will do it but not 100%! The other two I’m not sure about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross

Reaction score
#2 and 3 can’t be done with programmers as far as I know. There is a whole thread on the 3 beep thing, a couple of non programming bypasses work but that’s it.

Power folding mirrors automatically on power off I’m pretty sure is like that as well, but there may be one of those tools you plug in and keep in that will do it but not 100%! The other two I’m not sure about.

Thanks. Items 1 & 4 are what I'm most interested in anyways. Fingers crossed on those.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Power folding mirrors can't be done. The hardware is not in the truck for it. There is a thread about it somewhere.
I think 1 can be done in settings on the center screen.
4 can't be done as far as I know.
ALPHA OBD is probably the best at making changes to "Sales codes".
Things like tire size, fogs on with high beams, TPMS threshold changes, etc. There is a couple of threads on that as well.

Kross

Reaction score
Power folding mirrors can't be done. The hardware is not in the truck for it. There is a thread about it somewhere.
Things like tire size, fogs on with high beams, TPMS threshold changes, etc. There is a couple of threads on that as well.
Thanks.
I've confirmed I can't achieve 1 via any settings in the console.
I know 4 was possible on the 4th gen PW via flash. Is it just not available for 5th Gens?

Honestly, I'm most concerned about disabling the low-speed cornering fog lights.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
Post in the Alfaobd thread here. There *used* to be a guy that posted in there that knew a lot about how to work aftermarket lighting systems into the truck. Jimmy something (maybe).

Best of luck.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I know 4 was possible on the 4th gen PW via flash. Is it just not available for 5th Gens?
I though that always took something external to fix.

Honestly, I'm most concerned about disabling the low-speed cornering fog lights.
Pretty sure there isn’t an option to disable it with AllfaOBD.

mountainears

Reaction score
And to be clear, 3 can be done, it just takes some wiring work. Not as easy as a flash / program unfortunately.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Auto-fold mirrors can't be done with AlfaOBD due to lack of support in the door module. Tazer has always supported auto-fold as an active (always plugged in) feature.

I don't know if they've rolled it into the Tazer Ram yet, but I believe the latest Tazer DT code can disable the 3-horn honk.

IIRC, the only way to modify the corning Fogs is to set some steering angle triggers to 0. Not sure you can disable the turn signal activated option at all. I expect if you have adaptive LED (cornering) headlights, those could also be affected. Odd they allow those to be disabled via the UC menus and not the fogs isn't it. Best option is likely to be a hardware/relay/switch.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Power fold mirrors (#2) Can be done with Tazer RAM - Right now they don't officially support 22MY and up. I have it on my 22, and I have to pull the fuse to the radio to work the menu halfway reliably.

Disabling the 3 horn honk, that can't be done as of right now, as others have mentioned there is a thread or two talking about physically bypassing it.

The Tazer Ram can help with #4, it has a 4lo spoof mode that will allow does what it says allowing you to access to the goodies outside of 4Lo. I know when i had it enabled all the warning lights came on (iirc, maybe adaptive cruise disabled, sensor detection disabled, and a few other - don't really remember), but never fully tested.

Regarding the Tazer Ram, on my 22, the auto-fold works, tire size and tpms controls work, 4lo spoof does do stuff, light show works ... not sure what else in there does or doesn't work because its a PITA to have to pull the fuse to modify the menu. I didn't notice much with the tuning in them, but didn't give it long to test either. Rumor is they've got a fix for the 22MY up, but not holding my breath since I reported issues 1.5 years ago, and they gave me a beta 1 yr ago and it still didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread