Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best color choice to hide dirt?

unclelala

Reaction score
Hell if most of ya think white is all that easy why not just have primer gray :rolleyes:
:)

Lary0071

Reaction score
In 2017 Ram had a Mojave Sand color (actually a "special edition", and it was by far the best color I have owned in almost 40 years of buying vehicles at a rapid pace.
You could be absolutely lazy with it and it still looked great at 10 feet. They should make the Mojave Sand color a standard and permanent truck color option. This should replace white as a base color!

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_185555418.jpg
    IMG_20170320_185555418.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Not a Minivan 3.jpg
    Not a Minivan 3.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Tow Jeep 2.jpg
    Tow Jeep 2.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 17

jadmt

Reaction score
In 2017 Ram had a Mojave Sand color (actually a "special edition", and it was by far the best color I have owned in almost 40 years of buying vehicles at a rapid pace.
You could be absolutely lazy with it and it still looked great at 10 feet. They should make the Mojave Sand color a standard and permanent truck color option. This should replace white as a base color!
I had a similar color for 2 years on my 2018 jeep and at first I liked it but after a short time I was tired of it. I have yet to get tired of White or silver.
294D7DC5-2296-4606-A392-0B37C4981463.jpeg

G’Dave

Reaction score
The white and silver options are both decent choices for "looking good" with minimal washing, but I went back to silver this time around. I couldn't take the "fleet vehicle syndrome" again:)

Here's my old girl. The black touches helped....

IMG_2807.JPG

scrambler1000

Reaction score
I went from black to pearl white. Black looked great clean but cleaning it was a process to avoid swirl marks. Even with ceramic coating and had washing eventually you could see swirls and marks.
Pearl white has been so easy to keep clean. A quick rinse and wipe down it looks great. You just can’t see swirls on it. It was a hard decision going from black to white but every time I wash I’m good with my choice.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I think Im agreeing with you...I think?....My first car detailer I had in my thirties use to say " Ya got to get the old dirt off to get the new dirt on " which was his fancy way of saying prevent oxidation.
Resist! You don’t want to find yourself agreeing with me

kevin588127

Reaction score
I'd go silver or white. Currently have a white 1500 and love how easy it is to keep clean. That being said, I ordered a granite crystal 2500 and I'm dreading having to keep it clean. I would also avoid the paint matches bumpers if you do a lot of gravel. The chrome will hold up better.

unclelala

Reaction score
I'd go silver or white. Currently have a white 1500 and love how easy it is to keep clean. That being said, I ordered a granite crystal 2500 and I'm dreading having to keep it clean. I would also avoid the paint matches bumpers if you do a lot of gravel. The chrome will hold up better.
I love the granite crystal on my truck but I keep it spotless and obsessivley compusivley enjoy doing just that BUT you do have a point about the painted bumpers, they are not a friend of stone chips, thats why I had my painted bumpers PPF'ed and I cross my fingers and pray to my god when ever traveling backroads.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I went painted bumper and grill as well. I hate the chrome on the new trucks, too much of it for me. If mine gets all chipped up, I'll have my buddy respray it with a proper paint that will hold up better.
I love the granite crystal on my truck but I keep it spotless and obsessivley compusivley enjoy doing just that BUT you do have a point about the painted bumpers, they are not a friend of stone chips, thats why I had my painted bumpers PPF'ed and I cross my fingers and pray to my god when ever traveling backroads.

Users who are viewing this thread