Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before ordering... Anti-spin worth it?

sgnow1

Reaction score
New here and to Ram. Looking at soon ordering a 2021 Big-Horn 2500 4WD (putting together my wish-list now using 2020 info which should be pretty much the same). Trying to not let price get out of control (so easy to keep adding things!). I'm curious about your thoughts on the REAL-LIFE value in the Anti-spin rear differential option ($445)? I don't do any true 4-wheeling. I drive a fair amount on gravel and of course, paved. Can do a bit of around-town snow/ice in the winter but generally if the weather is that bad I try to limit driving the truck but there are times I do need to take it out in the winter. I will tow an RV in the summer months also. Thanks for letting me know if this option is worth getting.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
New here and to Ram. Looking at soon ordering a 2021 Big-Horn 2500 4WD (putting together my wish-list now using 2020 info which should be pretty much the same). Trying to not let price get out of control (so easy to keep adding things!). I'm curious about your thoughts on the REAL-LIFE value in the Anti-spin rear differential option ($445)? I don't do any true 4-wheeling. I drive a fair amount on gravel and of course, paved. Can do a bit of around-town snow/ice in the winter but generally if the weather is that bad I try to limit driving the truck but there are times I do need to take it out in the winter. I will tow an RV in the summer months also. Thanks for letting me know if this option is worth getting.
Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Would not own a 4X4 truck without it. As far as your resale of a 4X4 truck without anti spin rear differential... there are lots of people that won’t buy it for that very reason.

Buppies

Reaction score
Bought an 2001 in 2000 became a real problem with no anti spin. The truck would spin in wet grass so installed locker

yes i would order it

Firebird

Reaction score
A 1 wheel wonder is miserable to drive in anything but perfect dry roads

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
I have it in my JK and Ram, they are known to wear rapidly in the Jeeps. Idk on Ram but I would assume the clutches will be shot around the time the warranty is up. Its some piece of mind I guess but replacing the crap tires did way more for traction then the LSD. Don't forget you will have traction control to act like a LSD if it's super slippery as well.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Traction control is a joke with no limited slip. I own cars with traction control and car can get stuck due to limiting wheel spin/power. Opt for the limited slip, even if it does get loose, the parts are there so you can service it. Generally, only the roughest of service lives tear them up. Stupidity has an affect as well. I have freshened my share of clutch type limited slip diffs not that difficult. Get the limited slip, you will not regret it.

sgnow1

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. It's pretty much what I was thinking but you all really confirmed it! I'll for sure add the Limited Slip.

patricio2626

Reaction score
I would def purchase only a truck with LSD. We pulled into a tame-looking parking space on Perdido Key and got stuck in 2WD, even with the LSD/anti-spin. Had to use 4WD just to pull out. Traction is a beautiful thing on a 3-4 ton truck. I'll purchase a front locker or LSD as soon as one is available for the 4.5G HD's.

Users who are viewing this thread