Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug - Like? Don't Like?

Ron045

Reaction score
I've been looking at the BedRugs for a few weeks. Just the flat carpet that covers the bed floor, not the sides or the tailgate.

The lowest price I saw was $151. I hemmed and hawd' and talked myself out of it, thinking, "Why do I really "need" this?"

I received an email last night from a truck place advertising for $101 with a $10 coupon for $91. I should be buying this right?

Do you love your bedrug? Was it a value added upgrade? Do you not like it? Was it a waste of money?

I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks.
Ron

JMT

Reaction score
I would like to see one in person because I just don't understand how a truck bed could have carpet and not be a disaster.
How would it handle oil, gas, mud, firewood, blood (hunting), etc. Do you just hose it off? How fast do they dry? I've never looked into them, just have seen a pic here and there.

Ron045

Reaction score
I would like to see one in person because I just don't understand how a truck bed could have carpet and not be a disaster.
How would it handle oil, gas, mud, firewood, blood (hunting), etc. Do you just hose it off? How fast do they dry? I've never looked into them, just have seen a pic here and there.
Watch this. 2:25 has your answer. Although he does not test blood. ;)

SL1

Reaction score
I've looked at the bed rugs, due to a friend of mine having one. They are nice and the padding is really nice, especially if you have a topper or a hard cover(its easier on the knees for sure). Since I had the bed coating on my truck I never pursued it.
That said, my friend has only used his truck bed for hauling what I call luggage, hunting /fishing gear, etc. He camps in it over night sometimes as well. He loves it will always probably have one. He also never hauls gravel, dirt or anything messy so I can't speak speak to that aspect but I imagine clean up might be a pain.

If I had a camper topper on my truck that limited construction type use I would have one .

Ron045

Reaction score
I've looked at the bed rugs, due to a friend of mine having one. They are nice and the padding is really nice, especially if you have a topper or a hard cover(its easier on the knees for sure). Since I had the bed coating on my truck I never pursued it.
That said, my friend has only used his truck bed for hauling what I call luggage, hunting /fishing gear, etc. He camps in it over night sometimes as well. He loves it will always probably have one. He also never hauls gravel, dirt or anything messy so I can't speak speak to that aspect but I imagine clean up might be a pain.

If I had a camper topper on my truck that limited construction type use I would have one .
I might be like your friend. Camping gear and cargo. I have a trailer for dirt and mulch.

Reactions: SL1

jadmt

Reaction score
I had one many years ago like in 1996 on a Ford F150 with a topper and finally decided to get another one. I paid $203 with tailgate via amazon which was the cheapest I could find that was available right away. There were a couple of places that were cheaper by a few dollars but they said about a 3 week wait on shipping as they were just drop shippers. I ordered on a saturday and got it on Monday. I would get the the tailgate cover as it is so much nicer on the knees. For me it is worth the money and easy to take out and put back in if I want to haul dirt.
IMG_20220523_140329495.jpg

Tri J

Reaction score
This is the fourth truck I've used a BedRug in-with no problems. I like them much better than a liner, but it depends on what you mostly haul. It's awesome for the knees. Spill something-rinse it out. Truck load of leaves or firewood-vacuum it out. It looks and feels like carpet, but it's not.
IMG_2154.JPG

Tri J

Reaction score
If you're going to haul rocks, metal, or such..I'd go with a rubber mat. This photo is full BedRug with a rubber mat on bottom.
IMG_0305.JPG

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Had it in the Raptor with a topper, yep…when I traded it in she pulled it out intending to clean it while she was detailing the truck, was packed with blood, sand from duckdogs, dust, firewood junk etc. It weighed more than she could lift, went into the garbage. So much dust and dirt under it also, definitely couldn’t recco one in a truck that runs on dirt or used for big game hunting.
It was kind of a pain anyway, made it difficult to slide ice chests and stuff in.

WeatherTech bed mat in the new one and not sure if I like it better than the factory bed, might junk it.

6inarow

Reaction score
Had a bed rug in my 06 Cummins, deer blood came right out with a hose. Considering one for my 22. Really liked the durability and non slip when putting things in bed. My bed rug was over a linex bed liner.

Jsboening

Reaction score
I had two chevys that had them. They were awesome! I once had a load of old jeep engines, transmissions, and transfer cases in my bed. All leaking fluids everywhere. I figured I’d ruined the rug. I pre sprayed it with some simple green and then power washed it. It came out looking like we. I couldn’t believe it. The only reason I don’t have one now is they don’t offer one that fit the rambox beds.

Razzman

Reaction score
I’ve had the Bedrug XLT since 2017 when I put one in the 1500. When I sold that one I kept the Bedrug and repurposed it for the 2500. Since I have Ramboxes I had to trim the sides and it was a bit short at the cab but it worked out as I have the Retrax tonneau so it’s a non issue. If your a tradesman and carry tools and materials it’s probably not the best option. I don’t nor do I haul dirt, rock or such. My load is golf gear and camping gear, great for keeping the factory bed liner from tearing stuff up. It’s made of a dense foam covered by an outdoor type carpet material. Holds up well but will fuzz on you over time and use. I use a blower to clean it out and hose it down when dirty.

One thing that’s aggravating to me is the tailgate cover which is attached to the bedrug. it does not have the foam and doesn’t stay attached to the tailgate with the supplied Velcro. Fixed that with heavy duty industrial Velcro. And the without foam it just lays on the tailgate and is wavy and curled at the edges. The portion between the bed and gate sometimes folds down and the gate won’t shut so you have to pull it up. All in all it’s worth it to me.

Mike67

Reaction score
I've been looking at the BedRugs for a few weeks. Just the flat carpet that covers the bed floor, not the sides or the tailgate.

The lowest price I saw was $151. I hemmed and hawd' and talked myself out of it, thinking, "Why do I really "need" this?"

I received an email last night from a truck place advertising for $101 with a $10 coupon for $91. I should be buying this right?

Do you love your bedrug? Was it a value added upgrade? Do you not like it? Was it a waste of money?

I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks.
Ron
Love my mat. To clean it I just vacuum or take it out and power wash, depends on what made it dirty. Best thing is you can get on your knees without any pain due to the padding.

G’Dave

Reaction score
I added one of these to my 8 foot bed. I mostly haul motorcycles, tool boxes, 5 gallon plastic fuel containers, and an assortment of camping gear and dirt bike motorcycle gear. It's waterproof, chemical resistant, great on the knees, and has a slick "connector" between the tailgate and the bed of the truck. I got it on sale last week for about $197 including tax and shipping. It's probably $20-30 less for the 6'4 bed. (BedRug Impact Bed Mat).

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 8.19.29 PM.png

1651Naismith

Reaction score
Fwiw, I’ve had bedrugs since 2008 after having a LineX spray liner for 5 years. For my use, which is mostly hauling gear and dogs for trips for weekend trips and holidays, I’ll never go without the Bedrug.

The connector between the bed and tailgate is awesome for keeping debris from getting trapped. Ordered my most recent one (XLT) on Amazon and it showed up a few days later. Install was easy and took only 20-30 mins.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Every truck I’ve had has had a bedrug. First accessory I install each time. Whenever someone sees it they always comment “oh wow, this is awesome.” Then they call someone else over to look at it lol.

Never had any issues with stains/liquids/mildew/etc.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have had bed rugs before, however, in my last dually I forgot to put the cap back on my Auxiliary fuel tank and diesel spilled on the bed rug. I had not gone very far when I noticed the smell of Diesel coming in from the rear slider which was open. I was not able to get any where to spray out the bed rug right away and the Diesel warped the bed rug in front of the fuel tank - it kind of had a permanent hump! The backing of the bed rug is a black padding that is not foam but seems to be some soft plastic foam. That did not hold up well to the diesel.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
I have had bed rugs before, however, in my last dually I forgot to put the cap back on my Auxiliary fuel tank and diesel spilled on the bed rug. I had not gone very far when I noticed the smell of Diesel coming in from the rear slider which was open. I was not able to get any where to spray out the bed rug right away and the Diesel warped the bed rug in front of the fuel tank - it kind of had a permanent hump! The backing of the bed rug is a black padding that is not foam but seems to be some soft plastic foam. That did not hold up well to the diesel.
How was it besides your brain fart?

sstoner911

Reaction score
How was it besides your brain fart?
I loved it. It was easy on the knees if you had to be in the bed doing something and things didn't slide around as much. It was easy to spray down and clean at the car wash. And it looked nice along with protection for the bed.

Iam sure if I had not been 8 hours from my destination and sprayed it sooner it would have been fine. If I knew it was going to deform it so bad...it wouldn't lay flat in that area ...I would have tried to find a car wash.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I love mine. So far have been able to remove some gas and oil from a leaky chainsaw without issue. Didn't get any tags last year so didn't have a chance to test the blood. With 4 tags between the wife and I this year, I'm still debating whether to remove it for that that week or put it to the test.

Users who are viewing this thread