Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrug install with Ramboxes?

MacDuff

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Bedrug in a 6'4" bed with Ramboxes? For some reason, Bedrug says I'm out of luck and don't recommend any of their products for various reasons. Seems to me a standard bed Bedrug could be cut down to fit. Has anyone done thIs? I have a Bedrug in my 2019 1500 5th gen and definitely want it in my 2022 2500. Thanks!

PapaJoe

Reaction score
Yeah, BedRug has been going many years w/o a 6'4" rambox product, but they do the 5'7"... :confused:
My Power Wagon with ramboxes is on order, as is a BedRug for standard wheelwell bed 6'4"
I'll be slicing off the side portions to make the rectangle for the rambox bed floor.
Have a TruXedo Pro X15 tonneau going on the top.

gpattikjr

Reaction score
Yeah, BedRug has been going many years w/o a 6'4" rambox product, but they do the 5'7"... :confused:
My Power Wagon with ramboxes is on order, as is a BedRug for standard wheelwell bed 6'4"
I'll be slicing off the side portions to make the rectangle for the rambox bed floor.
Im torn between the x15 and the sentry ct. Just don't want any noise from the wind.

acuracing

Reaction score
I installed the 5'7" BedRug in my 6'4" bed with Ramboxes and it fits fine on the tailgate and sides, though there is a gap at the front of the bed as expected. I tried this experiment since I have a Roll N Lock tonneau cover that takes up that little space anyways. It looks and works fine and I lucked out getting the BedRug via Amazon Warehouse deal for less than $200.

acuracing

Reaction score
It should be quite a bit cheaper to just get the universal bed mat and cut down to size, rather than cutting off the sides of a full BedRug. https://bedrug.com/universal-truck-bed-mat

The only thing you miss with the universal mat is that it doesn't have the grooves fit into the length of the bed, but it's thick enough to not worry about and won't bang up your knees. I went this route before I went with the 5'7" hack in my above post.

el_barto

Reaction score
I’d guess if you get the regular 6’4” Bed rug mat you could trim it to fit.

As a semi-on-topic aside: I love my BedRug mat. Absolutely awesome if you camp inside the truck bed with a topper because it levels out the ridges and insulates. Soft on the hands and knees when crawling around back there, but no problem throwing tools, gear, or whatever back there either.

PapaJoe

Reaction score
It should be quite a bit cheaper to just get the universal bed mat and cut down to size, rather than cutting off the sides of a full BedRug. https://bedrug.com/universal-truck-bed-mat

The only thing you miss with the universal mat is that it doesn't have the grooves fit into the length of the bed, but it's thick enough to not worry about and won't bang up your knees. I went this route before I went with the 5'7" hack in my above post.
My choice:

IMPACT MAT SPRAY-IN/NO BDLNR02-18(19+CLS)RAM1500/03-22 25/35 6'4"w/oRB(w/o5whl)​

The Impact Mat is made to fit your specific make and model, filling in the ribs and contours of the truck bed to provide a smooth, void free loading surface. The integrated tailgate hinge covers the gap between your truck bed and the tailgate, this will eliminate the annoying build-up of debris between the two pieces.

1641267081606.png

1641267130039.png

MacDuff

Reaction score
This appears to be for trucks without the Ramboxes, I did not see a Rambox compatible version unless I missed something?

Users who are viewing this thread