Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Utility Rails

jsalbre

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted or seen mounted any bed side rails on our trucks. This is for the standard non-RamBox bed to be clear.

I can’t see an easy way to do it. Seems crazy on a 2020 truck.

g00fy

Reaction score
you mean like these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/82211058-N...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I read a review on amazon that these apparently do still fit 2015 & Newer, the problem is they added the bed lights in the newer trucks and apparently that weakens the rear most mounting point according to a guy on Amazon who wrote a review after he installed these on his 17 or 18.

I bought a set a few weeks back and will be looking to install them in the next week or 2, I'll let you know how it goes.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yes, those exactly! I’m not to concerned about a weaker mounting point. I can reinforce that if I need to.

I look forward to hearing your results.

Edit: After looking at them more thoroughly it appears you’d have to remove the bed lights to install them. I’m not willing to give those up. With that, and the fact they’re just drilled into the bed and attached with rivnuts maybe I’ll just mount my own made out of some more 8020. They’ll be more flexible and half the price.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Bringing this thread of mine back from the dead now that I’m getting back into a Ram. Anyone come up with any solutions to this? The bed rails in my Gladiator have been tremendously useful for attaching things like tools, bike mounts, etc.

Darkone

Reaction score
I had a set of the hi-lift slide n lock rail
System in my last truck. It mounts to the bed rail lip. I had a ~78” rail because of my tool box and it gave you moveable tie down points every 6” or so. I pulled it off before I sold the truck but haven’t installed it in my new truck because of the roll up tonneau cover.

85724492-63E4-4DC4-BEDE-DCB80C8B3816.jpeg257CFDDD-20A3-4BCE-8433-826265C14CE9.jpeg

Dave01

Reaction score
I had those rails in my last truck, loved them. It is so useful to be able to move attachment points with a quick slide of the rings, and they are surprisingly rugged too. I'm going to see if I could add them without affecting my folding tonneau.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Those are nifty. I wonder if I could get my bike mounts to attach to them.

Darkone

Reaction score
I would say you could. I made a mount that attached to the track for a co2 tank mount and used wing nuts and carriage bolts to secure it.
It’s been a while but I think a 1/2” carriage bolt ground down a little slid right through

Users who are viewing this thread