Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Covers

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Looking for info on the folding or rolling bed covers for a Megacab. I have a hard shell cover on mine now (Undercover) it can be removed fairly easily by two people but I want something I can handle myself when I want to haul something…

Last edited:

Jozzz

Reaction score
Looking for info on the folding or rolling bed covers for a Megacab. I have a hard shell cover on mine now (Undercover) it can be removed fairly easily by two people but I want something I can handle myself when I want to haul something… Go!

Check out Peragon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I bought a Leer HF650M but it’s still in the box, waiting for the new truck to arrive. So no idea if it’s any good.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Probably some here

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I bought a Lund tri fold soft cover. Like it so far.
I didnt order the factory one as I had heard it would delay my build.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I bought a Leer HF650M but it’s still in the box, waiting for the new truck to arrive. So no idea if it’s any good.
I talked to a seller and they said 60 day return, I guess if I check on arrival and I’m not missing any parts I would be ok. Don’t expect my truck till who knows….

megacabby

Reaction score
Looking for info on the folding or rolling bed covers for a Megacab. I have a hard shell cover on mine now (Undercover) it can be removed fairly easily by two people but I want something I can handle myself when I want to haul something…
I looked at Hard Folding Tonneau covers for my PW-75 (6’-4”) bed as well from a few truck accessories stores.

Fortunately, I was also able to locate a distributor/retailer called Bison Tonneau Covers.

They put a Trifold tonneau cover on the PW-75 bed to see if it obstructed my Rear Bed Camera and 360 Surround Camera.

No matter how the the cover was adjusted, the Trifold tonneau cover obstructed the two cameras and their views.

Hats off to Bison Tonneau Covers in Whitby, Ontario for assisting in trying on the Trifold Tonneau Cover with no obligation!!

Note and as the hardware is similar to the BAK flip except for the telescopic support bars and texture of the Aluminum outer skin (not as granular or fine as the BAK flip).

I would have probably went with the 1/2 price Bison Trifold Flip tonneau cover if the cover did not obstruct the rear cameras.

Immediately after trying on the Trifold tonneau cover, I’ve purchased an BAK flip MX4.

Attachments

• 620F98AD-D0C7-4876-8D3C-F66BF8D85386.jpeg
    620F98AD-D0C7-4876-8D3C-F66BF8D85386.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 61

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I looked at Hard Folding Tonneau covers for my PW-75 (6’-4”) bed as well from a few truck accessories stores.

Fortunately, I was also able to locate a distributor/retailer called Bison Tonneau Covers.

They put a Trifold tonneau cover on the PW-75 bed to see if it obstructed my Rear Bed Camera and 360 Surround Camera.

No matter how the the cover was adjusted, the Trifold tonneau cover obstructed the two cameras and their views.

Hats off to Bison Tonneau Covers in Whitby, Ontario for assisting in trying on the Trifold Tonneau Cover with no obligation!!

Note and as the hardware is similar to the BAK flip except for the telescopic support bars and texture of the Aluminum outer skin (not as granular or fine as the BAK flip).

I would have probably went with the 1/2 price Bison Trifold Flip tonneau cover if the cover did not obstruct the rear cameras.

Immediately after trying on the Trifold tonneau cover, I’ve purchased an BAK flip MX4.
Your saying the tri fold blocked the third brake light where the cameras are? I am aware of the tri fold heights and the Leer is a four panel as well.

megacabby

Reaction score
Your saying the tri fold blocked the third brake light where the cameras are? I am aware of the tri fold heights and the Leer is a four panel as well.
Yes. When the Trifold tonneau cover is folded up leaning against the rear window of the cab and to give you full access of the bed, it leans against the Third Brake Light - covering the Third Brake Light and both the 360 camera and bed camera.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from rhrswag.com ? They seem to have the best price on the Leer at the moment……

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from rhrswag.com ? They seem to have the best price on the Leer at the moment……
Autoanything has it for 1029-12%, 905. Free shipping but they charge tax. You might be able to sign up for emails and get 15% off instead…or just chat with an agent and tell them what you want to pay.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Autoanything has it for 1029-12%, 905. Free shipping but they charge tax. You might be able to sign up for emails and get 15% off instead…or just chat with an agent and tell them what you want to pay.
I just told rhr I would like to beat their $929 and offered $889….:p

Users who are viewing this thread