Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 6” Lift

gwalp

Reaction score
So, is BDS going to make a damn lift or not!?! Anyone hearing anything? This is getting a little ridiculous! If they aren’t going to make one, just say it so we can get a fabtech lift (or any other lift that’s been out for months now!)

Zrojas

Reaction score
I looked the other day. No words at all from BDS. Carli no longer has 2019 HD listed as R&D though. They said all their parts/kits will be up within a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

loop

Reaction score
Yea Carli is releasing theirs in a few weeks. Thuren has on available now. Not sure how big of lift though.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Yea Carli is releasing theirs in a few weeks. Thuren has on available now. Not sure how big of lift though.

I don’t understand buying a lift based on height. I want the lowest truck that will fit my desired wheel size to keep a low CG. For me that is 37s on 1.75” Thuren coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_905

BDS emailed me back and claims to be in the R&D stages of providing additional lift sizes from the basic level kit they offer. At this time (about 3 weeks ago) they do not have a projection on a release date for any lift at this time. I agree with many frustrated owners, we’re coming into the 11th month of this year and my neighbor has had a 19’ 2500 since November of 18’ and still very few products are available. I understand that leveling is the most popular but at to what degree to you sacrifice the rest of your potential clientele on other products and options. Many of us do not have a choice but to wait for these companies though because I myself do not like the idea of any type of coil spacer over a fully replaced coil. It’s just frustrating as a vehicle owner wanting to show off our trucks but have so many limited resources on parts.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Thuren has coil replacements available now. Carli will have them in a couple of weeks. Both of those will fit 37s on the right wheels.

Camslameron

Reaction score
I don’t understand buying a lift based on height. I want the lowest truck that will fit my desired wheel size to keep a low CG. For me that is 37s on 1.75” Thuren coils.

Did you ever think that they might know they need a 6" lift to fit the wheel/tire combo they want?

Marshfly

Reaction score
Did you ever think that they might know they need a 6" lift to fit the wheel/tire combo they want?

Oh. I understand exactly why they want a 6” lift. Negative offset wheels that cause your tires to rub like crazy and throw rocks and mud all over your truck. All I said was that I didn’t understand it.

Camslameron

Reaction score
I've had negative offset wheels on several trucks and never experienced any of what your're talking about. I was just replying to your unhelpful response to the OP. I don't understand how you would buy a lift NOT based on height, in the word "lift" it literally implies "height" so... to what degree of height? In this case it was six inches and nobody cares if you don't like lifts that big.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I've had negative offset wheels on several trucks and never experienced any of what your're talking about. I was just replying to your unhelpful response to the OP. I don't understand how you would buy a lift NOT based on height, in the word "lift" it literally implies "height" so... to what degree of height? In this case it was six inches and nobody cares if you don't like lifts that big.

My Toyo MTs on +18 offset wheels dented the sides of my trucks from rocks. Yours must stay on the pavement. Carry on with your HD trucks with lifts that make them not do HD things.

Camslameron

Reaction score
lol, dude, i've had more suspension/wheel and tire combinations than you've even thought about. from leveling kits to 3" full carli builds with 17's and 37's to 8" monsters with fat ass wheels on them. I do whatever I want with my trucks and they get used more than most. A wheel and tire selection is only going to limit extreme offroad, rockcrawling or deep loose sand where low pressure and sidewall really matter. None of which anyone is doing with a limited mega cab with an 80k sticker. Stop being sour because someone likes something you don't. You've contributed zero to this thread, go somewhere else, boomer.

Users who are viewing this thread