Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bakflip and Bedrug installed

bobohio

Reaction score
Finally got myself motivated today and installed my stuff...just have to install my Aries 5.5 inch side steps, but still waiting on the brackets :(

Attachments

• bakflip.jpg
    bakflip.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 115
  • bed liner.jpg
    bed liner.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 117
  • bed liner and bakbox.jpg
    bed liner and bakbox.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 114

Ramman

Reaction score
That looks really good Bob, and you will be able to use your entire bed with that setup for loads. Do you ever plan on using a fifth wheel or goose neck setup, or just bumper pull anything in the future?

bobohio

Reaction score
That looks really good Bob, and you will be able to use your entire bed with that setup for loads. Do you ever plan on using a fifth wheel or goose neck setup, or just bumper pull anything in the future?
Thanks!! I do plan on a 5th wheel for when I retire....my plan is to pay off the truck...then buy a 5th wheel and pay that off...then retire!! I'll have a house and wheels all paid for and I figure I can just beg for food! lol

huff2462

Reaction score
Looks great. I have a BAK Fibermax and a BedRug bed mat in my '13 1500 and I just placed my order for a '19 2500 on Friday (w/ RAMBoxes), but I couldn't find info for the '19s on the manufacturer websites yet.

Are these the same part numbers as the 2018's?

bobohio

Reaction score
Looks great. I have a BAK Fibermax and a BedRug bed mat in my '13 1500 and I just placed my order for a '19 2500 on Friday (w/ RAMBoxes), but I couldn't find info for the '19s on the manufacturer websites yet.

both the bedrug and bakflip MX4 were for 2018...fits perfect!

bobohio

Reaction score

I purchased them from AutoAnything.com since they have a 1 year price guarantee

Ramman

Reaction score
Thanks!! I do plan on a 5th wheel for when I retire....my plan is to pay off the truck...then buy a 5th wheel and pay that off...then retire!! I'll have a house and wheels all paid for and I figure I can just beg for food! lol
Awesome, that sounds like a lot of fun!

huff2462

Reaction score
I've got a BedRug Bed Mat in my current my 1500 and definitely want to add it to the new 2500. I just found out BedRug does not make the Bed Mats for the 6'4" beds with RAMBoxes.

I'm curious if anyone's ever tried buying the standard 6'4" Bed Mat and then trimming the sides... And how it'd look.

bobohio

Reaction score
I've got a BedRug Bed Mat in my current my 1500 and definitely want to add it to the new 2500. I just found out BedRug does not make the Bed Mats for the 6'4" beds with RAMBoxes.

I'm curious if anyone's ever tried buying the standard 6'4" Bed Mat and then trimming the sides... And how it'd look.
https://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/60A3644A0A0.aspx I found it at AutoAnything.com....use live chat and ask for Aaron F. he was a great help in saving me a lot of money on my accessories!! Tell him Bob from Arizona sent you...lol!

bobohio

Reaction score

Sorry...I misread your post....that is for the Bedrug liner which I just installed on my 2019 Ram 3500 and fits perfect...but not the Bedrug mat :(

huff2462

Reaction score
Sorry...I misread your post....that is for the Bedrug liner which I just installed on my 2019 Ram 3500 and fits perfect...but not the Bedrug mat :(
No worries... You had me second-guessing myself for a moment there.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
both the bedrug and bakflip MX4 were for 2018...fits perfect!
I plan on ordering a mx4 for my new 20 3500 when it gets here but I don't like the backflip plastic tool box an plan on getting a hd Lund tool chest. My question is this, the Lund box is 19 " high an to the top of the bed rail is about 20.2". When i put on the mx4 will it come down into the bed further than an 1". If it's an inch or less I should be good

Silverbeard

Reaction score
I have a 2019 3500 with the MX4. There is about 18.5” between the bed floor and the bottom of the Bakfilp.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So your saying that the cover comes 1.5" down into bed. If that's the case, the Lund box would not fit. I contacted someone from back flip a while back an they said it would not sit lower than an 1" down into bed, but you know those chat representatives don't always give accurate info. Also I think the back flip instruction manual said it came with optional bed rail weather stripping to set mounting rail on wich would lift it up a fraction more

Silverbeard

Reaction score
The cover rail does drop below the top of the side. I didn’t measure how much. The curious thing is that at the back of the bed, bottom of cover to bed floor measured 20.5”. I bought a tool box made by UWS that is about 17.5” high.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The cover rail does drop below the top of the side. I didn’t measure how much. The curious thing is that at the back of the bed, bottom of cover to bed floor measured 20.5”. I bought a tool box made by UWS that is about 17.5” high.
We'll that's interesting but would work great for me. The Lund I'm after offs exactly 19" high, so I'm thinking if the mx4 doesn't drop lower than a inch id be good

Silverbeard

Reaction score
We'll that's interesting but would work great for me. The Lund I'm after offs exactly 19" high, so I'm thinking if the mx4 doesn't drop lower than a inch id be good
As a side note, I had the Bakbox on my pervious truck and didn’t like it at all. It wouldn't hold much nor support much weight.

Users who are viewing this thread