Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baja Designs Squadron Fog Light Kit 2019+ 2500 - Plug & Play Harness barely plugs in?

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
So yesterday I tried to install this kit on my 2023 Power Wagon, however when I checked out the BD adapter harness that plugs into the factory fog light harness, I found that it barely plugs in.
There is no tension on the PD adapter plug that goes into the factory connector. You can just barely pull on it and it pops right off. The instructions say to zip tie up the excess wiring when the kit is fully installed but I really don't want to zip tie the connectors together. Just seems kinda cheap for a $450 kit.
I took a video with my phone to show what I'm talking about.

For those of you who have installed this kit before, is this considered normal?? Or am I crazy for expecting a better quality connector that securely clips into the factory harness? Just wanted to ask around before I blow CJC Offroad up on it.
Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Baja Designs Squadron Fog Light Kit SAE Amber.JPG
    Baja Designs Squadron Fog Light Kit SAE Amber.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 9

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So yesterday I tried to install this kit on my 2023 Power Wagon, however when I checked out the BD adapter harness that plugs into the factory fog light harness, I found that it barely plugs in.
There is no tension on the PD adapter plug that goes into the factory connector. You can just barely pull on it and it pops right off. The instructions say to zip tie up the excess wiring when the kit is fully installed but I really don't want to zip tie the connectors together. Just seems kinda cheap for a $450 kit.
I took a video with my phone to show what I'm talking about.

For those of you who have installed this kit before, is this considered normal?? Or am I crazy for expecting a better quality connector that securely clips into the factory harness? Just wanted to ask around before I blow CJC Offroad up on it.
Any input or advice would be appreciated!
Blowing up on CJC wont do anything as they are just a dealer you would need to contact BAJA designs

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
There are usually Rubber Seal rings around the connector ends. That might be an issue if there are none. Reach out and speak with someone there. They are always good to respond.

deanfx

Reaction score
Mine were a bit tight. But I thought of how much I paid for my truck a year ago vs now with the specials, and I think I persuaded them to go in. Your mileage may very.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you're pushing it ALL the way in?

Every connector I've ever added needed herculean muscle to push together. It should be hard as hell and the outer clip/catch should engage. Even if seals were missing, the "click" clip should catch and hold.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, the 11.5"/12" carriers and covers are the same since 19+ regardless of ring gear size. They no longer use the 11.5/11.8 carrier/cover.

Finn5033

Reaction score
I bought the same kit and put it on my truck. The plugs were nice and tight. There is definitely something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread