Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad fuel MPG after idle

TbRam20

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 standard output. After I idle somewhere for a little while maybe 15 minutes plus I notice when I start back driving the mpg when driving is way lower than normal. Can hardly get it to stay over 10mpg even when cruising at 45. If I park the truck and turn off then next time I drive it it’s back to normal. Truck has 1500 miles on it. Anybody else have this issue?

TbRam20

Reaction score
Lol yes just seems to be weird that is does it after a longer idle and doesn’t matter how long of drive I have after it does it whole time. Was thinking just computer issue but didn’t know if anyone else has seen this

GotDiesel

Reaction score
My guess and less than valuable insight: If you notice this lower MPG after idle, this could be the function of engine run-time and miles traveled. When the engine runs and no miles traveled - the lower your calculated MPG ........maybe.
This has been a very uneducated guess.
Had this been official news and information, you would have received further instructions on where to tune for official news and information.
Repeat this has just been a W.A.G.
Please, stay tuned to more enlightened folks to provide more learned information.
Now, back to your regular programming. :p

GotDiesel

Users who are viewing this thread