Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back In The Saddle

ETX Ram

Reaction score
New guy to forum.
Back in the saddle with new 2021 Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 CTD (SO). Not new to CTDs, as this is my 5th one after 3 DRW 3500's and one 2500. Those 4 all had to earn their keep on a farm. Had two 6.4 hemi 2500's after those. After the 100 year storm with nearly 2 foot of snow in northeast Texas, traded off my last 2500 hemi 2WD for a dealer modded Gladiator. Fun little truck without a doubt and never got so many compliments from both Jeep and non-Jeep owners, but after 4 months of ownership the underpowered Gladiator had to go. Slim pickings for new Ram HD within a 150 mile radius, but found a demonico red Laramie to our liking a couple of days ago. Loving the 6.7 CTD, as my last 4 were 5.9's. What a difference. I'll be lurking around the forum and hopefully won't have much in the way of dumb questions to ask. Going to take some getting used to with all the updated settings and such on the new model. Already reconfigured the dash display to show turbo boost, engine break pressure and trailer controller output. Anyway long winded first post, so howdy from Northeast TX.

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Guess you know that you are welcome to return back home any time you wish. As the oldest of three brothers, I informed the middle brother that one can take the man out of Texas, but can't take the Texan out of the man.

Thank you for your service Crusty. Did 10 years for God and country as USN ET(SW).

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Thank you as well Brother. I did 21 Navy. Retired FCC (SW). Retired in 2001. Been working DOD for the Navy ever since doing the same thing. Still riding ships.

We thought about moving back when I retire again in a few years. But now we are looking at Utah, Montana, Wyoming. Want 40 acres to go hide in. ;)

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Thanks elephantrider! Lord knows there ought to be plenty of Ram HD guys and gals from the Lone Star state. One of the funniest bumper stickers I saw was years ago down in Galveston on the back window of a mildly lifted 3500 CTD 4X4 stating "Silly Boys - Big Trucks Are For Girls!". I could tell was indeed a small blonde gal driving as she made a left turn ahead of me at a light. Couldn't help but bust out laughing with Texas pride.

Lee

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Welcome. My truck is from Texas even though were not - although my wife did go to SMU in Dallas for 4 years. Found it online at Peter's in Longview, TX and had them ship it to us here in SoCal. Worked out great.

My wife loves driving my truck. I thought I wasn't gonna get her out of it after I put the suspension on.

Throw up some pics of your ride.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have an aunt that is a chemistry professor at SMU...Any chance your wife was a student??
Most likely not, she was a communication major so I don't think she took much in chemistry. She worked radio for a while before going into pharma.

ETX Ram

Reaction score
Welcome. My truck is from Texas even though were not - although my wife did go to SMU in Dallas for 4 years. Found it online at Peter's in Longview, TX and had them ship it to us here in SoCal. Worked out great.

My wife loves driving my truck. I thought I wasn't gonna get her out of it after I put the suspension on.

Throw up some pics of your ride.
How ironic! We both bought our new ride from Peters in Longview TX! LOL

Enjoy your new ride
Lee

Attachments

• IMG-20210903-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20210903-WA0008.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20210907-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20210907-WA0011.jpeg
    710.7 KB · Views: 8

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
How ironic! We both bought our new ride from Peters in Longview TX! LOL

Enjoy your new ride
Lee

They were great to deal with. Charlie Hoofman was our sales guy but we dealt mostly with Randy Dugan.

Users who are viewing this thread