Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&W TS20049B is 12 inches from the ground on my truck

RV_Goose

Reaction score
My old hitch was an Anderson Rapid hitch that I believe is 8 inch drop. The B&W TS20049B is about an inch lower. B&W recommends minimum 11 inch clearance. But I cannot find that on their website now. So I'm probably good. Wanted the B&W tow and stow so I do not have to remove the hitch and store it in the truck.

Test_Eng

Reaction score
You should be fine. The 11” is referenced in the manual that comes with the receiver. I just got my new one two weeks ago and saw that there. What drop is that receiver you picked out? I have a new the 7” drop waiting on my new truck. Same one I had in my 2017 so I know it’s good for my trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RV_Goose

Reaction score
You should be fine. The 11” is referenced in the manual that comes with the receiver. I just got my new one two weeks ago and saw that there. What drop is that receiver you picked out? I have a new the 7” drop waiting on my new truck. Same one I had in my 2017 so I know it’s good for my trailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The TS20049B is the 7 inch drop. I went with the tri-ball because I have had need to pull small trailer using that small ball. Since this is the last hitch I intend to buy for my new truck, I wanted to cover all options. This hitch is rated for up to a 14K trailer.

I was surprised that this was longer than my Anderson Rapid Hitch as I thought the Anderson was an 8 inch model.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
so being a dually, the 7" should just right since the dually is a touch higher in the back.

4x4 or x2?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Here is a pic of 6” setting hooked to my unloaded car hauler. It’s not exactly level. With the crawler loaded, it could use another 1” or so drop to sit level.

this is a Stock height 2500 with 285/75-18 (35”od) tires.

When dropped to the 8” setting, the lower ball has hit the driveway and dragged the ground some places pulling out. So I leave it on the 6” setting and live with the un level trailer. I’ve never scraped with the 6” setting. Obviously the flip ball set up hangs a bit lower than a single ball

hope this helps you

ACB7818E-E640-46A3-88F0-C21C81FE90C7.jpeg8F5AECB4-33B4-42CC-8B20-74F8AAFCC6C9.jpeg

Last edited:

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Here is a pic of 6” setting hooked to my unloaded car hauler. It’s not exactly level. With the crawler loaded, it could use another 1” or so drop to sit level.

this is a Stock height 2500 with 285/75-18 (35”od) tires.

When dropped to the 8” setting, the lower ball has hit the driveway and dragged the ground some places pulling out. So I leave it on the 6” setting and live with the un level trailer. I’ve never scraped with the 6” setting. Obviously the flip ball set up hangs a bit lower than a single ball

hope this helps you

View attachment 13689View attachment 13690

And I am sure your truck sits higher than mine does.

Users who are viewing this thread