Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awful Transforce tires

doug2022

Reaction score
I keep my OEM transforce tires at 60psi front and 65 psi rear per the door sticker. So I got out on snowy roads and I might as well have been running slicks. Even in 4WD

I had minimal traction. I believe (short of throwing out these tires) that lowering the air pressure would afford somewhat better traction. Does anyone know how low I can safely go on the air pressure and still drive safely?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on those pressures I have to assume hemi 2500 so 40 45 is probably ok.

Those tires are not well regarded by probably 95 of the members here. They suck in pretty much all conditions except dry highway towing.

DougB

Reaction score
I got 21k out of my Transforce “AT” running at 55-60psi. Towing about 30% of those miles. They did ok in the dry but in anything wet and empty they slid around. Glad they wore out quickly. I’m on Falken Wildpeak AT3W now and so far dry and wet they are waaaay better. Look waaaay better too

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
They are called trashforce for a reason.

Door sticker pressures are for GAWR’s, so you can run lower depending on your actual axle weights. A scale and load/inflation tables will let you know how low you can run. If you have a 2500 you’ll likely get a low pressure indication from TPMS but can ignore it or change it with AlfaOBD/JScan.

I run 55/35 when empty, but the Transforce still sucked and didn’t make it 18 months before I ditched them.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
When I bought my '22 I drove it off the lot and straight to the tire shop where I got a set of Michelin Defender LTX. My buddy owns the shop and I traded him those Transforce tires for set of used but very nice matching wheels for my Laramie and mounted a set of Falken Wildpeaks for winter snow driving. It feels a little weird to ditch brand new tires, but those TF's are garbage, and in my opinion unsafe for how and where I use my truck.

Last edited:

Dave01

Reaction score
Air down to 55/45 or something like that, obviously depends on what you are doing with the truck, may help slightly. Unfortunately those tires suck, hard to find anyone who has ever had a good experience with them. If you can stand to, run them through this winter and then through to next fall, replace them then. If you feel unsafe then ditch them now, your truck and your well being are worth more than a set of tires.

flatfish

Reaction score
The stock TF tires are are unusable in winter snow conditions . Immediately purchased snow tires for winter. The TF's are fine for summer highway towing use. I have snow tires on all my vehicles. They just work better and are safer where I live.

Cseybert

Reaction score
When I bought my '22 I drove it off the lot and straight to the tire shop where I got a set of Firestone Defender LTX. My buddy owns the shop and I traded him those Transforce tires for set of used but very nice matching wheels for my Laramie and mounted a set of Falken Wildpeaks for winter snow driving. It feels a little weird to ditch brand new tires, but those TF's are garbage, and in my opinion unsafe for how and where I use my truck.
Do you mean Michelin Defender LTX?

PearlB

Reaction score
I am looking hard at the Michelin Defender LTX Platinums…suppose I will attempt to unload my Trashforce set on FB marketplace as they only have 6K miles on them now.

They are truly butt ugly.

batman900

Reaction score
Ok..... Y'all are right about these tires. For the last couple months I've thought, meh they aren't THAT bad..... Until this morning when I backed up the truck to scoot it over for a wash. I got stuck right here until the anti-slip finally kicked in. I thought the trans was slipping or something, I didn't imagine I was just spinning the tire, the ground is a little soft but the grass wasn't even wet.

1 wheel peel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread