Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVS bug deflector?

Lary0071

Reaction score
I would be interested only if it came with a vehicle specific T harness plug so that no modification or any sort of damage is done to the OEM wire harness to get the signal for the lights. If they want you to T-tap with a plastic tap in that cuts the insulation and exposes the wire to oxygen, then I would be out.... at least until one of the wiring nerds here makes a plug and play T connector to sell to us so that we can maintain the integrity of the OEM wire system.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I do have it. I have yet to install it. It has been cold and wet I want to have somewhat warmer temps before I install it since it uses that 3m type of tape to adhere to the truck. I will hopefully have an update soon.
Any updates on this thing? I was looking at them this morning.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Installed mine the day after I picked up my truck. Ran the wire inside the hood and out a hole down by the hinge. Piggy backs off of one of the running light fuses.
How do you like it? Both as far as a bug/rock deflector and the lights?

Got any pictures?

Dgman

Reaction score
Not exactly night time but here you go

Attachments

• 20220504_183441.jpg
    20220504_183441.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread