Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto dim rear view mirror

JDison

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, just noticed the mount in the parts diagram looked a lot more substantial than the little three sided disk on mine and wanted to be sure before buying a mirror.

JDison

Reaction score
I finally got around to swapping out my mirror (2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn) for the Smart Beam Mirror and having one problem. I found a listing of BCM change on the Google Doc for Know Alfa Setting but can't locate one of the setting in alfa under Body computer MY2019 PowerNet. The item in question is "LIN & MISC: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)". If anyone knows if this still necessary for the 4.5 gen or if it's listed differently in the current android version of alfa your help would be greatly appreciated.

blbrown

Reaction score
I finally got around to swapping out my mirror (2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn) for the Smart Beam Mirror and having one problem. I found a listing of BCM change on the Google Doc for Know Alfa Setting but can't locate one of the setting in alfa under Body computer MY2019 PowerNet. The item in question is "LIN & MISC: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)". If anyone knows if this still necessary for the 4.5 gen or if it's listed differently in the current android version of alfa your help would be greatly appreciated.
Is Smart Beam for auto high beam? If so here are the settings I enabled on my 2020 for auto high beam after changing out my mirror, along with everything else I've added.20220525_170953.jpg

JDison

Reaction score
Yes, Smart Beam is RAM's proprietary name for Auto High Beam. The settings you had were a little different from what I found elsewhere but they were all present in alfa settings so that's promising. I'll know in the morning if they work. Appreciate the help.

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
Is Smart Beam for auto high beam? If so here are the settings I enabled on my 2020 for auto high beam after changing out my mirror, along with everything else I've added.View attachment 38451
Anything I could have missed? I verified all 4 settings were correct for auto high beam, I have the right mirror and wiring and uconnect added the option to enable or disable them but when I put the lights to auto and push the turn signal lever forward nothing happens. No notification of them on the dash being enabled and no type of high beam light and no actual high beams. Works fine manually. Any ideas?

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
Anything I could have missed? I verified all 4 settings were correct for auto high beam, I have the right mirror and wiring and uconnect added the option to enable or disable them but when I put the lights to auto and push the turn signal lever forward nothing happens. No notification of them on the dash being enabled and no type of high beam light and no actual high beams. Works fine manually. Any ideas?
Tried it this morning and it’s working fine now.

Becraig

Reaction score
What all has to be done to install the jumper harness? If I understand correctly, if the wires are populated in the glove box connector the harness is already in the headliner?

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
Just did this a couple days ago. Super easy. Drop the front of the headliner, run the new wiring from side of glovebox up pillar and re clip all connections into new wiring and then plug last clip into mirror. Use Alfa obd to activate and done. Took me about 30 minutes

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
Just did this a couple days ago. Super easy. Drop the front of the headliner, run the new wiring from side of glovebox up pillar and re clip all connections into new wiring and then plug last clip into mirror. Use Alfa obd to activate and done. Took me about 30 minutes
You will need a new harness. The one you need is not there most likely. There is a thread in here with the part numbers and changes with Alfa obd.

Becraig

Reaction score
So you pull the A pillar covers to get the headliner down far enough?

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
I pulled the passenger pillar, visor and visor clip and overhead console and got up there just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread