Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Equalizer Settings

el_barto

Reaction score
I am curious how you guys set the audio equalizer on your radios. I am no audiophile, I think it sounds pretty good how I’ve set it, but maybe others know better.

Alpine 9+1 System. Crew cab. Typically listen to SiriusXM or Pandora (via CarPlay). I listen to a wide variety… Rock/Pop/HipHop/EDM/Country
AE696854-6E25-4046-A768-D68D62BC13DE.jpeg

lgarrison34

Reaction score
I installed a Kicker Hideaway 10 inch powered sub under my passenger seat and it really fills out the system. Gives it the bass that the Alpine Sub is missing.

Reaction score
I have the 17-speaker HK system, and I have bass & treble at max, mids right in the middle at 0. Balances it out pretty well & gives me the bass/treble that I like.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
4, 4, 5 for me. And I also have the fader a couple of notches to the rear which seems to help distribute the sound for me.

Grayson

Reaction score
I installed a Kicker Hideaway 10 inch powered sub under my passenger seat and it really fills out the system. Gives it the bass that the Alpine Sub is missing.
How did you do your install? Very curious to know

lgarrison34

Reaction score
How did you do your install? Very curious to know
I removed the jack from under the passenger seat and placed the Kicker Hideaway. Used the grey AUX passthrough harness under the driver side dash to run power. Grounded the sub/amp using the nut from where the jack was mounted (sanded to bare metal). Accessed and tapped front speaker +/- wires behind the kick panel and used a simple LOC for remote turn-on wire. I ran all wires under the carpet and out where the heater vents are under the seat.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I wear hearing aids and have played with the settings several times. Can't seem to find anything that comes close to good. Curious to know if any other hearing aid users have found a satisfactory setting.

Users who are viewing this thread