Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATT hotspot speeds? Mine seem slow

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Paid for the unlimited plan for summer months when we’re doing lots of driving….

The speeds seem slow, 10-20Mbps, mostly around the 10Mbps speeds. These are areas where service is fast LTE, good coverage etc. kids seem to have a hard time getting a stable connection on their devices. My iPhone is giving me 70+ Mbps speeds in the same areas.

What is everyone else seeing?

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Nobody? Somebody on here has to be using the built in hotspot.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
i havent used the hotspot in my 2022, i used it in a 2016 i had and would get decent speeds for that time. the hotspots in these trucks are old tech and are not up to par with cell phones. with most places having access to 5G cellular, we just use a cell phone or stand alone hotspot as the speeds are that much faster.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Our 22’s have LTE so should be pretty quick. In the past I thought I remember it being way faster. Never bothered with the pointless 3g hotspot in my 16’ either.

wrvond

Reaction score
The truck’s WiFi is only 4G but fairly inexpensive at about $150.00 per year. I use it primarily to allow internet access for my dash cam and the truck.
For streaming the phones provide unlimited 5G hotspots.

Users who are viewing this thread