Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATS Trans Bypass

oledirteh

Reaction score
Installed this last night and so uh, how low of a trans temp is to low?

Before install, i ran 168-172 degrees.

Drove to work this morning and its high was 145, when i stopped, 138... this was after my 53 mile commute.
trans temps 2.jpgtrans temps.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would not use that personally because of the cold we get here it prevents the trans from going in to 5th lockup and 6th gear in the winter months but you are still in an acceptable range.

The bypass is a solution to a problem that does not really exist in my opinion, but thats typical of ATS.

oledirteh

Reaction score
I would not use that personally because of the cold we get here it prevents the trans from going in to 5th lockup and 6th gear in the winter months but you are still in an acceptable range.

The bypass is a solution to a problem that does not really exist in my opinion, but thats typical of ATS.

i live in a area where it rarely ever gets lower then 20 degrees. wish it would and kill off the stink bugs. ill run it for a bit and if it gives me issues ill remove it. doing 80 on the interstate is hit 145 for a high, maybe tapped 148 for a second. Before i made the change it would take me 25 miles to even get to temp. i just mainly wanted to ensure i had more cooling when im towing 13.5k in the hills

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
i live in a area where it rarely ever gets lower then 20 degrees. wish it would and kill off the stink bugs. ill run it for a bit and if it gives me issues ill remove it. doing 80 on the interstate is hit 145 for a high, maybe tapped 148 for a second. Before i made the change it would take me 25 miles to even get to temp. i just mainly wanted to ensure i had more cooling when im towing 13.5k in the hills
You will be fine the trans does not lock out 5th lock up and 6th until below 15° where i am we get -45° often enough in a normal winter. You should be problem free

Users who are viewing this thread