Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asked Dealer about Clearance Lamps Install post-factory...

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Asked Dealer about Clearance Lamps Install post-factory on my 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman. I love the way they look on these HD trucks. I really don't understand the use for them, just like the looks.

Dealer told me they could install a set for around $650 installed. They said it would be the older style of Clearance Lamps and not the exact same as what comes from the factory for some of these.

Has anyone had the dealer add these post-factory and what do they look like? Kind of pricey for just that addition. Not sure if I would do it, definitely not immediately.

Firebird

Reaction score
I did once way back on my 2005 Cummins, dealer did a good job, and they looked nice

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thats actually not a bad price considering the labour involved…. They are required for vehicles over 80” wide thats why the plow pkg trucks get them and the duallys…. If the guy doing it is 1/2 decent they will look great and not leak

slvrsix7

Reaction score
My Dad installed an oem set on his Ram. It does require drilling multiple holes in the roof, but the kit comes with a template to make it simple. I would never trust a dealer to something like that, unless I knew which tech was doing it and trusted their ability. Do if yourself and you'll know it was done right. Plus you'll save money. This was years ago but the kit was less than $200.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My Dad installed an oem set on his Ram. It does require drilling multiple holes in the roof, but the kit comes with a template to make it simple. I would never trust a dealer to something like that, unless I knew which tech was doing it and trusted their ability. Do if yourself and you'll know it was done right. Plus you'll save money. This was years ago but the kit was less than $200.
Id assume the dealer bodyshop would do it not the grease monkeys, assuming it has a body shop like ours do

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Haha I'm way worse with hand tools/manual labor... I would trust the dealer more than myself and they will warranty it.

Slightlyhigh

Reaction score
In 96 I bought a full size Bronco an had cab lights an a Lund sun visor installed at the dealer for a thousand dollars very happy with the outcome. 2012 a new GMC 1/2 ton was bought w/o cab lights. The STEALERSHIP quoted me 3500.00 (that's right 35 hundred). needless to say I made sure I only paid 55 dollars this time when I order my 3500 RAM !

MtnRider

Reaction score
I installed the OEM kit on my 2016. Nerve racking drilling holes in your roof but not difficult, it comes with a template and can be done for $100. I would not use anything but the OEM though.
Like the dealer mentioned, these are not the new style LED cab lights, they are the older style. Not sure I would put the older style on a gen 4.5 but that's me. This is one of those things that is much cheaper and better to order straight from the factory.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
I installed the OEM kit on my 2016. Nerve racking drilling holes in your roof but not difficult, it comes with a template and can be done for $100. I would not use anything but the OEM though.
Like the dealer mentioned, these are not the new style LED cab lights, they are the older style. Not sure I would put the older style on a gen 4.5 but that's me. This is one of those things that is much cheaper and better to order straight from the factory.

You have a picture of them on your truck?

jadmt

Reaction score
I have them because i have a power wagon and the wider flares necessitate them but i‘d rather have them in the grill ala a raptor. One more place to leak and cause air noise. Also one more thing to have to wax around.

OuterUB

Reaction score
Where did your dad get them?

Users who are viewing this thread