Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrrgh Tires

Gadgetech

Reaction score
PW on 35's fits in a 7' garage. Not much clearance, but it fits.
Assuming you’re talking about a garage at a house, not like a public parking garage? Curious what PSI you run to get them to fit.

My garage door opening is just about 87” to the weather stripping and at 50 PSI on the stock tires, the shark fin antenna hits the weatherstrip. I’m definitely going 35” when these wear out, I’m just curious about PSI. Thanks!

DrTron

Reaction score
Assuming you’re talking about a garage at a house, not like a public parking garage? Curious what PSI you run to get them to fit.
Yes, not a public garage. I run 50 psi as well, and it doesn't even hit the weatherstrip. Which is approximately 84" or 7' up.
My garage door opening is just about 87” to the weather stripping and at 50 PSI on the stock tires, the shark fin antenna hits the weatherstrip. I’m definitely going 35” when these wear out, I’m just curious about PSI. Thanks!
It also depends on the slope of your driveway. If it's sloped downward, then the rear wheels will be elevated when driving into the garage, that can certainly make up a few inches.
Mine's slightly upward, so no issues there.

RAM lists the Exterior body height on stock tires as 80.9". Not sure if they count the sharkfin antenna or not.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Yes, not a public garage. I run 50 psi as well, and it doesn't even hit the weatherstrip. Which is approximately 84" or 7' up.

It also depends on the slope of your driveway. If it's sloped downward, then the rear wheels will be elevated when driving into the garage, that can certainly make up a few inches.
Mine's slightly upward, so no issues there.

RAM lists the Exterior body height on stock tires as 80.9". Not sure if they count the sharkfin antenna or not.
That’s right, I was thinking about this the wrong way. I thought I should have a couple inches of clearance based on the stock height of 80.9 because my garage is 83” at the weather strip, 84" without the weatherstrip.

However, about 7 inches inside the garage entry, the floor sits 2” higher. That is why I have that issue.

DrTron

Reaction score
However, about 7 inches inside the garage entry, the floor sits 2” higher. That is why I have that issue.
Correct, if your garage floor slopes up, it has the same effect as if the driveway slopes down. Makes sense.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
All attached garage floors have a drainage grade.

Detached or shop could go either way depending on design and who built it (builder or homeowner.)

DrTron

Reaction score
All attached garage floors have a drainage grade.
Would make sense, yes. Although ours is an attached garage, and by the feel of it I don't think the floor has a grade at all. Might need to get the laser-leveler out, but can't be much along the 20-something-foot length.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Our house in SC didn’t have it. This one in Ga does. It’s not gradual, it’s a lip.

Users who are viewing this thread