Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arizona Native with a new PW

Lord muta

Reaction score
Finally got myself a PW. Been wanting one for years. Now for the upgrades to make her Mine.
Planned Upgrades to happen:
Air Lift 5k to restore my cargo load capacity
Fuel Cell/Larger Gas Tank.. While she is beautiful and powerful she's a bit of a PIG when it comes to fuel. lol
Window Tint.. happening fast it's AZ and it's very hot on black leather seats.
Exhaust system: either MPBR or Borla not sure yet. leaning towards MPBR
Mechanical Fan Delete.... Researching this mod.. Wanting to know if any one has done it. Benefits or Issues?

Completed Mods:
Rims: 18x9 Icon Rebounds. +12 offset, Bronze
Tires: Cooper STT Pro 325/65R18 (34.69" x 13.7")
Rubber floor mats
K&N intake filter

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new PW.
35K miles on mine and still loving it.
Look into my build thread for removing the resonator. You may like it better than redoing the complete exhaust. Sounds better but not obnoxious when cruising and no drone.

Lord muta

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new PW.
35K miles on mine and still loving it.
Look into my build thread for removing the resonator. You may like it better than redoing the complete exhaust. Sounds better but not obnoxious when cruising and no drone.
Thank you and I'll have to look into that. I like not spending another grand on exhaust. I'll check out your build thread for sure.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Congrats! I read 15x9 in the post and was utterly confused what you had to do to get a 15" wheel on there, then I read your signature and realized it must be a typo o_0.

Would love to see some pics with the the wheels.

We've had a long thread on replacing the fuel tank. I've even ordered the 50G from Mopar with all the hoses that says it works with the Power Wagon ... it doesn't. I've had the custom shop look at it along with the dealership. It'd require /a ton/ of work and modifications to get it wired in if it was even possible. Right now there isn't anything we can do to add a larger tank on there, just a refueling / transfer tank. (Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!)

Re: Exhaust. I added a custom cat-back dual magna flow's. Sounded great, but too much drone for the wife. I had a magna flow dual-in, dual-out pre-muffler. It got the tone down for her around town, but while cursing around 1700 RPM is annoying, especially when Eco kicks in an out. From others on here, the new Borla kit for the '22's has no drone, but great sound when getting on it. I'm going to a another exhaust guy in the coming weeks to talk to him about what he can do with what I've already spent, but if all else fails I'm ordering a borla kit (which sucks b/c I love the dual's dumped behind the tire. (https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/dual-exhaust.8095/post-182590)

Re: Tint - I'm from Texas. 100% must have. I did my windsheild for the first time in my life. It was the lowest tinting available, and it makes a Huge difference. Highly recommend.

If you are looking for some other fun stuff -

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Just looked at the Randy Ellis sliders.
I was wondering what they did to make them usable with the amp steps. Now I see. They are not really sliders as they do not protect the lower edge/pinch weld of the body. More of a cover for the lower body rocker panel.

I spent several months trying to figure out how to use the stock sliders/steps with the Amp steps and it just isn't possible.
I'm not sure there is a way to make a body protector slider that can be used with the Amp step. Mainly because the step tucks in so nice and tight, which I like, and barley clears the pinch weld.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Just looked at the Randy Ellis sliders.
I was wondering what they did to make them usable with the amp steps. Now I see. They are not really sliders as they do not protect the lower edge/pinch weld of the body. More of a cover for the lower body rocker panel.

I spent several months trying to figure out how to use the stock sliders/steps with the Amp steps and it just isn't possible.
I'm not sure there is a way to make a body protector slider that can be used with the Amp step. Mainly because the step tucks in so nice and tight, which I like, and barley clears the pinch weld.
Yeah - the RED sliders are such a permanent commitment I haven't bulled the trigger on them yet. I did call and left a message to see how long the backorder is .. waiting a callback.

Lord muta

Reaction score
Congrats! I read 15x9 in the post and was utterly confused what you had to do to get a 15" wheel on there, then I read your signature and realized it must be a typo o_0.

Would love to see some pics with the the wheels.

We've had a long thread on replacing the fuel tank. I've even ordered the 50G from Mopar with all the hoses that says it works with the Power Wagon ... it doesn't. I've had the custom shop look at it along with the dealership. It'd require /a ton/ of work and modifications to get it wired in if it was even possible. Right now there isn't anything we can do to add a larger tank on there, just a refueling / transfer tank. (Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!)

Re: Exhaust. I added a custom cat-back dual magna flow's. Sounded great, but too much drone for the wife. I had a magna flow dual-in, dual-out pre-muffler. It got the tone down for her around town, but while cursing around 1700 RPM is annoying, especially when Eco kicks in an out. From others on here, the new Borla kit for the '22's has no drone, but great sound when getting on it. I'm going to a another exhaust guy in the coming weeks to talk to him about what he can do with what I've already spent, but if all else fails I'm ordering a borla kit (which sucks b/c I love the dual's dumped behind the tire. (https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/dual-exhaust.8095/post-182590)

Re: Tint - I'm from Texas. 100% must have. I did my windsheild for the first time in my life. It was the lowest tinting available, and it makes a Huge difference. Highly recommend.

If you are looking for some other fun stuff -
Yup it was a typo,
I'll bee checking on the exhaust stuff some said to just do a resinator delete, not sure it's going to be raspy or if it'll be throaty. I want a deeper throat sound not raspy rappy noise. I have stock rock sliders so for now those are what I'll be using. I'll have to take a look at the Carli R2, I was thining airlift because of the Dayton Cradles (that I bought already lol) they don't 'lock' the axle to the bags so you don't limit the flex etc. But I'll take a good look at the Carli and Sumo springs thanks for the heads up on those.

side note: What part of Texas, I was born in Arizona and lived here too long lol but I grew up in New Bruanfels Tx. Justin Tx./Denton Tx (Dallas greater area) Yes I'm going to at minimum do UV block on windshield with limo along the top strip to AS1 line. then not sure what my Rebels tint was at but I'm giong to try and see what it was at cause it was just right. (came that way, bought with 20k miles)

Sad to hear about the tank, I'm looking at a thin 37gallon transfer tank at the moment. cause 33g. is not enough. lol

Pictures attached for view pleasure

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Dirt.jpg
    Dirt.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Head on.jpg
    Head on.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 14
  • poke.jpg
    poke.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 16

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Resonator delete gives a nice low throaty rumble. Gets a bit louder when you get on it. Enough to hear it in the cab with the windows down.
But nice a quiet when crusing.
No drone.
I grew up in Fort Worth. Worked the Dallas/Arlington/Fort Worth area for a bit till I ran away and joined the Navy at 19.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Awesome. Daystar cradles are definitely the way to go if you are going with air bags. Those wheels look great on white!

I’m in the Fort Worth area, love the area - lived up outside of the Denver area for a while. I could retire up there

BadKarma

Reaction score
Yup it was a typo,
I'll bee checking on the exhaust stuff some said to just do a resinator delete, not sure it's going to be raspy or if it'll be throaty. I want a deeper throat sound not raspy rappy noise. I have stock rock sliders so for now those are what I'll be using. I'll have to take a look at the Carli R2, I was thining airlift because of the Dayton Cradles (that I bought already lol) they don't 'lock' the axle to the bags so you don't limit the flex etc. But I'll take a good look at the Carli and Sumo springs thanks for the heads up on those.

side note: What part of Texas, I was born in Arizona and lived here too long lol but I grew up in New Bruanfels Tx. Justin Tx./Denton Tx (Dallas greater area) Yes I'm going to at minimum do UV block on windshield with limo along the top strip to AS1 line. then not sure what my Rebels tint was at but I'm giong to try and see what it was at cause it was just right. (came that way, bought with 20k miles)

Sad to hear about the tank, I'm looking at a thin 37gallon transfer tank at the moment. cause 33g. is not enough. lol

Pictures attached for view pleasure
Selling the OEM take offs?

Lord muta

Reaction score
Yes I agree that stock filtration will filter filter filter. But it restricts the daylights out of it. Proper Maintinance IE oil changes and proper re-oiling of the filter will keep a large majority out. I live in AZ doesn’t matter what you use. Dust gets in everything. I’ll take the better flow and baby bump on power. But each to their own.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I agree that stock filtration will filter filter filter. But it restricts the daylights out of it. Proper Maintinance IE oil changes and proper re-oiling of the filter will keep a large majority out. I live in AZ doesn’t matter what you use. Dust gets in everything. I’ll take the better flow and baby bump on power. But each to their own.

That “baby” bump in power is what we call marketing. It’s a joke, do you really think the OEM intake/filter is restricting in 2022??? I guess they have to get someone to buy their BS, or they would go out of business.

The AZ line is also a joke, you won’t get dust past the OEM filter… but it will get past the K@N, which will damage your motor. A properly oiled K&N is still far inferior to the OEM filter.

You truck, your money… but hey, you were warned.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I havent looked inside the box personally. But you can search the forums - the factory airbox is a cold air intake already and supplies plenty of fresh air for the motor

Users who are viewing this thread