Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARB Twin OBA Factory Aux Switches

watican

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice here. Someone decided to try to PIT maneuver me on the interstate going 75mph in my Ford adventure-mobile, which made it roll over, so now I get/have to build a new truck. I ripped a bunch of the goodies off of the old rig in the junkyard, and am figuring out how to proceed. I have a '22 3500 with the factory Aux switches, and step 1 in the build is OBA. The factory relays don't seem to support enough current to run the ARB twin on one relay, and I'm not going to use two.
I'd like to use the factory switch and the ARB harness, since I'm planning to put air lockers in it when they come around. Does anyone know how to use just the signal output from the factory aux switch with the ARB harness to kick on the compressor, with said compressor still being wired straight to the battery?

Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-131506.png
    Screenshot_20220903-131506.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

reese917

Reaction score
I don’t have first hand experience with this exactly… but the general idea is you would wire the arb to your own high power relay wired directly to battery, then use the factory aux switch to “activate” the high power relay.

watican

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to include the wiring diagram that ARB provides, sorry about that. Added to original post.

I believe that the compressor already has it's own high current relay that's used with the supplied switch(es).

Bombaman

Reaction score
Plenty of PW folks have them, look through the threads and contact someone that has one installed

Ramit64

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice here. Someone decided to try to PIT maneuver me on the interstate going 75mph in my Ford adventure-mobile, which made it roll over, so now I get/have to build a new truck. I ripped a bunch of the goodies off of the old rig in the junkyard, and am figuring out how to proceed. I have a '22 3500 with the factory Aux switches, and step 1 in the build is OBA. The factory relays don't seem to support enough current to run the ARB twin on one relay, and I'm not going to use two.
I'd like to use the factory switch and the ARB harness, since I'm planning to put air lockers in it when they come around. Does anyone know how to use just the signal output from the factory aux switch with the ARB harness to kick on the compressor, with said compressor still being wired straight to the battery?

Appreciate the help.
NHOverland sell what they call a “trigger wire” which pugs into the ARB Twin switch

Appreciate the help.
NHOverland sells what they call a “trigger wire” which plugs into the ARB switch loom connector. This single wire connects to the factory aux swithes. Hang o to the switch wire bundle that comes with the compressor in case you want to install the ARB manifold & air lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread