Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARB Compressor with SPOD System

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Finally got my hands on a ARB twin compressor. Doing the install today and I thought I had it all figured out (foreshadowing). I was under the impression that I just needed to install the power/ground to the battery and then use the supplied smaller harness and use the purple as + and the black as - and put those into the SPOD switch connectors inside the SPOD box. The others were not used. This is just for the compressor, no lockers or anything (PW already has those ;)). But, as you may have guess by now, the compressor does not turn on when I press the button on my SPOD.

Has anyone done this combo? It is very possible one of my connections is not solid, but I thought I would check to confirm that is all I need to do for the wiring before I start looking at connections.

Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Finally got my hands on a ARB twin compressor. Doing the install today and I thought I had it all figured out (foreshadowing). I was under the impression that I just needed to install the power/ground to the battery and then use the supplied smaller harness and use the purple as + and the black as - and put those into the SPOD switch connectors inside the SPOD box. The others were not used. This is just for the compressor, no lockers or anything (PW already has those ;)). But, as you may have guess by now, the compressor does not turn on when I press the button on my SPOD.

Has anyone done this combo? It is very possible one of my connections is not solid, but I thought I would check to confirm that is all I need to do for the wiring before I start looking at connections.

Thanks
Aslong as the spod is installed properly id look at the compressor wiring also make sure you got both large positives hooked to the battery with the 40A fuses…. Also the small black ground i would put to the chassis ground

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Did you run the main compressor + to the distribution block? When intially did mine I had a similar issue, but is was due to one of the studs on the distribution block (if i recall correctly it was on the black one). I moved to a different stud and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Did you run the main compressor + to the distribution block? When intially did mine I had a similar issue, but is was due to one of the studs one the distribution block (if i recall correctly it was on the black one). I moved to a different stud and it worked perfectly.
I did, but I will check those first. Thanks.

Sounds like I have the right idea on the wiring, I just need to confirm everything is making a good connection.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Did you run the main compressor + to the distribution block? When intially did mine I had a similar issue, but is was due to one of the studs on the distribution block (if i recall correctly it was on the black one). I moved to a different stud and it worked perfectly.
and just to be clear, did you only use the purple and black wires off that smaller harness for the SPOD connection? No other wires (besides the large power/ground of course) were used?

Fishnerd

Reaction score
and just to be clear, did you only use the purple and black wires off that smaller harness for the SPOD connection? No other wires (besides the large power/ground of course) were used?
I have a switchpro but same concept (I had a spod in my jk and would have wired it the same way) . Yes, black and purple. To clean it up i just made made a 2 wire harness.E49A2E7F-8085-402E-97AF-CDD65E0433B6.jpegABF44C53-007A-47CF-A872-57F4BE4497F7.jpeg

Last edited:

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Ok, figured it out. When I put the connector on the ground wires, I combined the big and small black wires. The small wire must have got pushed down and didnt get a good connection. Clipped it, put a new connector on and ran to chassis ground and the ARB fired right up.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread