Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple car play turn off?

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Is there a way on the truck to turn off CarPlay after you have it on? I know it can be done with the phone but on the 12 inch screen when splitting it can you switch it out for something else once you have it on? I’ve tried everything but I can only have it off if I don’t run it at all.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to figure that out myself. All of my testing has shown that when a CarPlay device is hooked up it will always show on the top half of the split screen, and prevents the factory nav from showing in split mode.

Last edited:

Trooper

Reaction score
Would seem strange not to be able to, I have it on multiple vehicles and can leave it connected but not visible. on my 2019 HD I have the 8.4" and there I would just select a different option. I haven't seen the 12" however

jsalbre

Reaction score
Would seem strange not to be able to, I have it on multiple vehicles and can leave it connected but not visible. on my 2019 HD I have the 8.4" and there I would just select a different option. I haven't seen the 12" however

You can bring up other screens in full screen mode, you just can’t change the top half in split screen mode.

Ivanvent

Reaction score
You can bring up other screens in full screen mode, you just can’t change the top half in split screen mode.

Exactly that’s what I’m talking about. Hopefully gets an update to maybe fix it. Because it can do it before you turn on CarPlay just not after you activate it

Users who are viewing this thread