Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone with a dash mat?

oaklandopen

Reaction score
I know it's probably more of a Florida/ Texas/ southwest thing from the sunlight but I'm kind of interested

Don't want to cover the upgrade speakers though and my first search came up under carid.com site, which wasn't specific about them. And they don't seem to have the ram's dash in their pics

Squatch

Reaction score
Genos garage has dashmats for our trucks, all the colors and types.

bearcat

Reaction score
Ordered a Dashmat a month ago still waiting to get. The customer service at Real Truck is telling me because of the China flu that its running late . I think it will help the A/C cool down .Its a big beautiful dash hate to cover it but keeping the sun off it should help

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My truck has to be parked outside so I got a Covercraft windshield shade. Does a great job.

I still need to get the windows IR tinted and considering doing the front 70% IR too.

bearcat

Reaction score
Have the Weather tech windshield shade and all the side window shades. I think the Dashmat will help while driving

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Have the Weather tech windshield shade and all the side window shades. I think the Dashmat will help while driving

I'm sure it will. I'm more worried about fade when mine sits.

I just want to mask off the shiny trim on the top side of the dash. I'll probably just use some of the wife's Cricut stuff but unsure if she has clear matte finish outdoor vinyl.

Who's F*ing bright idea was that? Pun intended.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I ordered a "carpet fiber" dash mat for my 2020 the day I ordered my truck and installed it the day I picked it up. Keeps the Georgia sun off of the dash and if I need to put something on the dash, like my radar detector or little tray to throw notepads or pens in, a "hook" piece of velcro or two keeps it in place.

Band1t

Reaction score
I ordered a "carpet fiber" dash mat for my 2020 the day I ordered my truck and installed it the day I picked it up. Keeps the Georgia sun off of the dash and if I need to put something on the dash, like my radar detector or little tray to throw notepads or pens in, a "hook" piece of velcro or two keeps it in place.
Jerry, Any pics of your dash cover? What brand did you go with?

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Jerry, Any pics of your dash cover? What brand did you go with?
I don't have an pics and I am away from home right now. Quite frankly, I don't remember the brand and I usually just pick one of the carpet mats off of eBay based on the pictures they offer and their feedback. I put them in all of my vehicles although I see there are some people who must really not like them. I don't care..

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I never understood covering a part of your car with something butt ass ugly now so it looks a little nicer later.

Car bra and Dash cover being the two primary offenders.
Well, different strokes.
1. I've seen dash boards warp, crack, fade, and peel sitting in the Georgia sun. Dash mats prevent that.
2. Dash mats prevent glare from the dash on bright days. Important if you are old and have sensitive eyes.
3. The carpet mats are great for lazy folks like me who love gadgets and like to sit them on their dash and easily remove them when not being used....like ham radio stuff, radar detectors, dash cams, even little "junk" bins. A couple of small squares of "hook" Velcro and you can sit anything on a carpet dash mat.
4. I actually like the way they look.

So for all of you who don't like them....I don't care. My $30 dash mat and $63,000 truck. And yes, they do keep the dash nice for trade-in value purposes. Just sold a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee to Carvana last week for $23,666 and the dash looked like it had just come off the showroom floor after 8 years sitting in the Georgia sun (it was an early model year 2014 delivered in May 2013).

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
uv clear front window for a hundo or less. cover craft sun shield for $50. so much better than a mat. what trim is your tractor?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have read our windshields have UV protection. Does anybody know how much? I couldn't find a percentage.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it's no comparison to getting the tint guy to put a sheet of clear on it. I doubt the factory glass is anything special other than the acoustic deadening.

Pronto

Reaction score
it's no comparison to getting the tint guy to put a sheet of clear on it. I doubt the factory glass is anything special other than the acoustic deadening.

I did this as well. It's made a big difference. I haven't had to bother with keeping a solar screen in the truck this summer.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
With things like automatic windshield wipers and automatic headlight dimming......I would be concerned about putting anything on windshield. Might be okay but I'm old and not much for self-inflicted wounds.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
With things like automatic windshield wipers and automatic headlight dimming......I would be concerned about putting anything on windshield. Might be okay but I'm old and not much for self-inflicted wounds.
it’s all totally fine. We have the llumar air 80 on multiple vehicles. Auto braking, wipers, etc etc all works fine

Users who are viewing this thread