Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone install their own block heater?

oaklandopen

Reaction score
For the 6.4.

Special tools? Have to dump all of the coolant? Any other issues?

I don't really need one for starts but with my job having to work outside when it snows I remember it was always nice to have my old ram with the snow group plugged in for when I was ready to leave. Im thinking it would be nice to have that back

regal2800

Reaction score
On my 4th gen the heater element was already installed. I just had to install the cord. I’m pretty sure the new ones r the same.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
That would be awesome if that's the case, I haven't been under the truck yet to look around so I'll have to check that out

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Well I looked around the general area where I thought it would be, according to a diagram I found online that may not even be for the 6.4, but it was the only thing that popped up after a Google search. I didn't see anything, at least nothing obvious. I had a mirror and was looking around the driver's side near the bell housing.

Having a 4x4 isn't a big help and I did it at work so I couldn't get it any higher in the air

Screenshot_20191011-075844_Google.jpg

npurdy1112

Reaction score
I had one installed on my 2014. The block has a “dry well” for the heating element, not a heating element just needing a cord. The parts were difficult to find online. Wish i would have taken mine out before trading in.

Users who are viewing this thread